Question

Student
mocus
Message 1 of 4 (5,774 Views)

ink system failure officejet pro 8600 Plus

Trying to install officejet pro 8600 and the control panel shows "ink system failure" and I can not get past that. Any suggestions

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 4 (5,754 Views)

Re: ink system failure officejet pro 8600 Plus

Hi Mocus,

I understand that your printer is showing ink system failure.  I am linking you to a troubleshooting document that maybe able to assist.

Officejet 8600

Let me know how it goes.

Intern
BreadPigZ2
Message 3 of 4 (5,717 Views)

Hi there,

Hope the previous Troubleshooting steps works for you.

Subsequently, you might want try out this if it does not:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03439615&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4323648&tmp...

Is your printer still within warranty?

Although I am an HP employee, I speak for myself.
Student
reknapp52
Message 4 of 4 (931 Views)

Not sure if this is a permanent fix, but it worked for me, and is working now.

I found that if I reset the printhead several times, sometimes the printer would return to normal and work for awhile. After several times of doing this, I found that if I "lifted" the printhead as much as possible without releasing the latch, that seemed to return the printer to normal operation. So I pulled the printhead out, and determined what part of it needed to be "shimmed" to keep it "up". On the back bottom there are 2 small (about 1/4" X 1/4") square "blocks" that hold the printhead in place when latched in. Just forward (toward front of printer) there are 2 skinny plastic "rails" that the printhead rests on. I took a roll of black electrical tape and cut sections about 5/16" wide, and wrapped 2 layers over the plastic "rails" to effectively raise the printhead about .025". (That is 25 thousands, not 1/4). 

I will post later if I get more failure messages. It is working for now--

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation