11-19-2013 01:12 PM
I never print in colour but my HP Photosmart C6280 peevishly demands that its colour cartridges are always full. It even balks when the colours have passed their sell by date through lack of use. Now it is completely on strike and petulantly bleating for cyan. I only want to print in black, ever. Is this a plot? It certainly feels like it. Up till now it has been possible to eventually get a black print, but now it wont even do that. All help gratefully received.Thank you
08-27-2014 05:12 PM
Please see go to this link, it helps describe why you cant print in black when one of your color supplies is empty:
For the most part with your type of printer we use ink to maintain print head health and even when printing documents that are only black color can be used.
We do have other printer that you can use that will run without the color supply installed.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)