Question

Student
mary_1913
Message 1 of 2 (6,818 Views)

I  never  print in colour but my HP Photosmart C6280  peevishly demands that its colour cartridges are always full. It even balks when the colours have passed their sell by date through lack of use. Now it is completely on strike and petulantly bleating for cyan. I only want to print in black, ever. Is this a plot? It certainly feels like it. Up till now it has been possible to eventually get a black print, but now it wont even do that.  All help gratefully received.Thank you

Intern
Pattor
Message 2 of 2 (28 Views)

Hello,

Please see go to this link, it helps describe why you cant print in black when one of your color supplies is empty:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/Can-my-printer-print-BLACK-without...

For the most part with your type of printer we use ink to maintain print head health and even when printing documents that are only black color can be used.

We do have other printer that you can use that will run without the color supply installed.

I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation