HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-04-2012 09:57 AM
Hi I hope you are having a great day and warm welcome to the community;
Here are the drivers for your printer HP Laserjet 1020.
Hope it answer your question and get your printer working properly
Best of luck;
04-14-2012 07:35 AM
04-16-2012 09:56 AM
Hi Jalo111 hope you are doing well and welcome to forum;
Thanks so much for singing in to share your workaround, hopefully you will become one to the experts in the community I will point out the workaround to other members. Again thank you.
Best of luck;
04-23-2012 11:31 AM - edited 04-23-2012 11:33 AM
I hope you are having a great day,
1. Use this tool to install in windows 7 GO HERE it this did not install the printer successfully. go to step 2.
2. This steps worked for a other forum participant and are describe in this tread where specify by him, If you want Give it a TRY.
I will summarize here;
1. Download the Vista driver 64 or 32 bits depending on your Oerating system.
2. Do not install the downloaded zip -
Extract file to a place you can locate in your computer such as a your DESKTOP or download folder. (Change the name to something that you will recognize. e.g. HP 1020 Driver)
3. open Control panel, ' Devices and Printers'
4. Right click on the Laserjet icon , click on Properties.
5. At Driver tab, update the driver. when it prompts, locate on driver on computer and install.
I will definitely give this a try do not forget to create a restore point before staring.
1. Click on the Win button on the keyboard
2. Type sysdm.cpl.
3. Look for the System Protection TAb and your will see create restore point and them go a head and try. the steps mentioned
Hope this helps;
05-03-2012 07:14 AM
Can you put this in more simple form for computer dummies like me? LOL I purchased my computer 11/2011. Thanks
This is where I get lost.....
2. after downloading driver for vista extract it even exe file with winrar and then go to device manager and then HP laserjet 1020 which is shown as unkown device and right click on it and after that update driver
3. and after that go to folder where extarct vista driver exe and select it .
note. i did not run exe file.
Also I have a HP 1018
05-09-2012 11:51 AM - edited 05-09-2012 11:54 AM
I have installed the Win 7 drivers but the printer LJ 1020 wont print - here is my experience so far:
Can anyone confirm that they have an LJ 1020 fully working with Win 7 64 ??