Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi afimbres,

This is a commercial line product. For the best answer to your questions you will need to repost your question to the following links. 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Support-Forums/ct-p/business-support 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413 

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I tried several suggested solutions from different forums. This one finally worked for me:

Turn off printer

Disconnect USB

Go to Device Manager (Control Panel, Computer Management, Administrative Tools, Device Manager)

Under DVD/CD-ROM drives

Right Click on HP Smart Install

Uninstall

Plug in USB

Turn printer on

Run software installation

HP Recommended

I have struggled on two separate occasions with this problem on a new LaserJet Pro 400 M401n.  Trying to install from the CD or downloaded drivers always locks up at 99% and gives ERROR.

However, your solution worked perfectly the first time.  I've made a note of it should I need to go through this again.

The link you give doesn't seem to be working, though.

Thank you for solving hours of frustration!!! :generic:

HP Recommended

I have struggled on two separate occasions with this problem on a new LaserJet Pro 400 M401n.  Trying to install from the CD or downloaded drivers always locks up at 99% and gives ERROR.

However, your solution worked perfectly the first time.  I've made a note of it should I need to go through this again.

The link you give doesn't seem to be working, though.

Thank you for solving hours of frustration!!! :smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

when i try to instal windows through usb it stops on windows loading file in Hp???

HP Recommended

when i try to instal windows through usb it stops on windows loading file in Hp??? plz give me solution

HP Recommended

@jawadtahir9, sorry that you are having a problem installing your printer. 

What type of printer do you have?

Could you try to use another USB cable or another port on the computer?

Go to you Printers and Devices. Check and see if your printer is in that tab.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

Hey Everyone,

I had the same problem with my laserjet 1536dnf MFP printer. I followed all the basics deleting all the older drivers and software, removing the universal printer, downloaidng the newest drivers from HP. Still wasn't working. I noticed every time i plugged in my USB cable windows was looking for drivers to install from the computer and the internet. So I followed this article i found, http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/82054-turn-off-windows-7-automatic-driver-installation.html, which showed my how to turn off the automatic driver install. I confirmed everything was deleted off the computer, rebooted the PC and then reinstalled and this fixed my issue. I hope this helps someone out there. I worked on this for about a month. Thanks

HP Recommended

All,

For some of you - from printer setup (wrench on front of device) Select Service press OK, Select HP Smart Install and change from ON to OFF

Then follow the driver updates listed in other comments, finally rather than fyull setup use the MSI files on the CD for installation -

That worked for me with assistance from HP Support

Regards

HP Recommended

This solution worked for me: HP M476dn

Turn off printer

Disconnect USB

Go to Device Manager (Control Panel, Computer Management, Administrative Tools, Device Manager)

Under DVD/CD-ROM drives

Right Click on HP Smart Install (mine was hp DVD-Ram GHA3N)

Uninstall

Plug in USB

Turn printer on

Run software installation

I had tried several installs from DVD and downloaded packages.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.