Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi everybody

The same problem. My laptop is a Lenovo FLEX 14 with windows 8.0 preinstalled. I don't remember if I tried theHP software installation before updating to 8.1. Nevertheless I have been trying to solve the problem through the HP forum (in spanish) with no success (extraction of the files and the background running in a never end process)

• What version of Windows 8.1 are you using? WINDOWS 8.1
  • How did you arrive at theis version of Windows 8.1 (Upgrade [CD or Windows Store] or new install or Clean Install)? UPGRADE
  • What Printer were you trying to install? HP OFFICEJET 4500 WIRELESS
  • What version of the HP Software were you trying to install and how did you get it? (Web download or CD)?

- Web download (directly from the web, through HP application installed in my computer, through links from forum...)

• How is the PC connected to your Printer (Network or USB)? Network

I'll be on the lookout in case a solution is raised from any of these forums!! I am a bit desperate!

Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

Hi everybody

I reached to install the HP software!!!

I followed the instructions given in previous posts of this forum:

- Delete the HPWIN*.dat and

- Temporally disable the antivirus software

Thank  you everybody!!

HP Recommended

Great advice! This resolved various problems I have been having for the last couple of days, tring to install  the driver for an Officejet J6480.

In addition to deleting the file in %windir%, before attempting to re-install the driver, I also deleted the contents of %temp% and then the install worked perfectly.

HP Recommended

I'm now having the same issue trying to install an Officejet j4680. I do not have any McAfee products installed but I disabled my Symantec Endpoint protection and deleted the indicated dat files and still no luck. It really is ridiculous that HP has so many freaking issues with install software. I had similar problems with an officeject 6310 that was provided by my employer. And no, I did not purchase the J4680 by choice.

HP Recommended

German windows 10, 

using

HP Deskjet F4580 F4583 All-in-One printer Full Feature Software and Drivers - DJ_AIO_06_F4500_140_408-5.exe

dowloaded form the HP web site,

hp desktop f4580 installation completes but installer hangs for EVER

after a long time i get a popup - severe error during installation (temp subfolder 7zs40e1) hpzsetup.exe

but "device being configrued" still has a green bar moving!!!

HP Recommended

installed the printer as wired and wireless - problems all the way

after the error it says it is removing HP software -

!!!

HP Recommended

This thread has been locked, For more information on HPPIW please refer to the following support document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02681060

The HP Printer Install Wizard is a support application from HP that assisted in downloading printer software. This support application is no longer supported by HP. The last update to this software was on September 22, 2015.

To download and install the latest version of software for your HP printer, please visit 123.hp.com, HP support website, or HP Support Assistant (in English).

I Work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.