10-23-2013 03:03 AM
I've got a Officejet 4500 which could be installed without problems under XP, Win 7 and Win 8.0. Now I bought a brandnew Windows 8 notebook (Acer Aspire) and updated to 8.1. Then I started the appropriate setup executable OJ_AIO_4500_G510g-m_Full_Win_WW_140_408.exe. At first try the program window opened and hung with the initial step (system checking). At later tries the file has been extracted but no window opened. In Task Manager I found the process "HP installer setup" using 30% CPU, but I was forced to kill this process finally.
The printer itself is now installed (I'm able to see the printer and to use it) but the Solution Center and the Scan/Fax capabilities are not available. I even used with the installation assistent. I stopped the firewall, no success. The idea to stop all Window services found in this forum seemed somewhat heavy to me. So what might be the reason that the Window doesn't open and the programs hangs?
10-23-2013 06:08 AM
Got exactly the same thing happening with my HP Photosmart Prem C310 printer. I downloaded the latest driver but when I attempt the install it completes the file extract then nothing happens. Like Thomas I can find the HP Installer Setup task running as a background task but there is no screen output.
11-06-2013 11:45 AM
Now I also get this problem - I have had the process running all day and no effect - have tried to download the full driver again and when I run it I do not get any information on screen but on the joblist I can see that HP installer set-up 32-bit (using 45% CPU) (I did choose win 8.1 64-bit when I downloaded the driver).
Anyone who can help me through this problem?
11-08-2013 05:32 AM
I got exactly the same problem with my Photosmart C310 printer. It worked fine under Windows 8, but when I upgraded to Windows 8.1, the driver and applications were no longer working.
I tried to uninstall HP aplications, but the uninstaller did not finish correctly. As I had other applications that were not working either (thank you Microsoft for this smart upgrade!!!), I reinstalled from scrath Windows 8 from the security backup, upgraded to Windows 8.1 and only afterwards tried several times to install HP driver without success. The installer unzips the files and then the application closes.
My printer is recognized by the OS (a generic driver has been installed by Windows), but I can only scan via the webpage of the printer, with very few options and less optimized than the HP software. Same for the generic driver where margins are not set correctly.
Can anybody from HP help us?
Thanks in advance
11-08-2013 02:41 PM - edited 11-08-2013 02:43 PM
Hi all, I am sorry to hear that you are all having problems installing the Version 13 and 14 HP software for your printers.
We (HP) are very interested in helping fixing this problem and getting the full install of the printer software.
Can you all help us out by answering a few questions about how you got to your version of Windows 8.1 and how the printer is installed.
- What version of Windows 8.1 are you using?
- How did you arrive at theis version of Windows 8.1 (Upgrade [CD or Windows Store] or new install or Clean Install)?
- What Printer were you trying to install?
- What version of the HP Software were you trying to install and how did you get it? (Web download or CD)?
- How is the PC connected to your Printer (Network or USB)?
Also I would like anyone who is willing to Submit Installation Logs to us to Private Message me and I will contact you about how to collect them and where to send them after collection.
I work for HP
11-08-2013 04:31 PM
all you need to know is described in my initial posting:
- new Acer notebook with 8.0 preinstalled
- 8.1 installed from Windows store
- started the install file OJ_AIO_4500_G510g-m_Full_Win_WW_140_408.exe
- stopped working after extraction
It's irrelevant that the printer in question is a Officejet 4500 since the installation didn't come to the point to notice this. I suppose that a conflict between the installation and some Windows service happens but I expect HP to determine which one. I'm not ready to deactivate all services preventively.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)