Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I recently purchased a laser jet 1536 dnf for my office.  When I attempt to install the machine with the included driver and one downloaded from the hp web site, I get to 99 percent, a long wait, and an error message.  I was able to install the machine using the Windows 7 hp generic driver, but the scan function does not work.  Can anyone help?  I found one other person with this problem, but he does not have a solution either.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For me the issue was related to HP Universal print Driver's installed on the system. (WinXP x86)

1. Remove the HP Universal Print Drivers, reboot and run the install. (not the option i used due to i need the HP Uni Driver for other printers on the network)

or

2. During the install process when the system detects and installs the printer I noticed that it installed the HP Universal Driver.

At this point I left the 1536dnf install process running

opened device manager

clicked view and show hidden devices

expanded printers

Right click on the HP universal driver

clicked update driver

clicked no not at this time

Install printer from list

clicked dont search I will choose driver

Selected the HP LAserJet M1530 MFP PCL6 driver

WinXP installed this driver and the HP 1536 install process finished without issue.

same process should work for Win7 x86 or x64

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

We are having the same issue here with the install failing at 99% after a long wait. This is a very frustrating issue, and I wish HP would update their install to make this process a lot smoother. We have 2 of these printers for individual usage and can't really recommend them until we have an updated installer that allows for an error free installation.

HP Recommended

Have you tried using the HP Scan diagnostic

Here is another document that might help you out as well:

HP LaserJet, Color LaserJet, and LaserJet AiO/MFP Products - Install a full solution driver on a Win...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

HP Recommended

We have the same problem..installation stops at 99% then a fatal error.

Very frustrating.tried everything..downloaded lastest drivers .rebooted..ran as administrator.turned off firewall..

windows 7 64 bit

Is there a solution yet? 

Why does it have to be so difficult to install software for HP printers....

help.

HP Recommended

I have tested and was able to load the full solution software that is posted on the hp.com. It loads completed, scans, copies and prints.

The software can be found at the following link:

LJ 1536dnf Drivers

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Are you talking about installation of HP LJ 1536 dnf with OS Windows 7 or rather with Windows XP? People have difficulties in installing the drivers with Windows 7, not with Windows XP. We all are aware of the site you mentioned and it didn't work with Windows 7.

HP Recommended

FromQns,

I have tested these drivers on win7 32 bit and win 7 64 bit systems and the drivers posted on the hp.com site that I linked to in previous posts download and install fine. Once installed, the drivers than allow the printer to print, scan and copy. If someone is still having a problem with the driver then they need to post the complete error messege they are recieving.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I had a problem to install HP LJ Pro M1536dnf printer in 32-bit Windows 7 Pro OS. Having run super-slowly, the installation stuck at 99% and showed an error. After talking to a few people who could manage to install the printer in the same OS, I realized that my OS must have been spoiled by a few auto updates from Microsoft. I bought the new printer because my old Brother HL-1440 printer stopped working suddenly.

Sacrificing many documents on the computer, I installed Windows 7 anew. After that HP LJ Pro M1536ndf installation went through without any incident. Even my old printer could also be reinstalled. Obviously, some of those Windows 7 updates might have been unnecessary and unuseful.

I hope this will help those who are having problems to install the printer like I had. Good luck!

HP Recommended

I had a problem to install HP LJ Pro M1536dnf printer in 32-bit Windows 7 Pro OS. Having run super-slowly, the installation stuck at 99% and showed an error. After talking to a few people who could manage to install the printer in the same OS, I realized that my OS must have been spoiled by a few auto updates from Microsoft. I bought the new printer because my old Brother HL-1440 printer stopped working suddenly.

Sacrificing many documents on the computer, I installed Windows 7 anew. After that HP LJ Pro M1536ndf installation went through without any incident. Even my old printer could also be reinstalled. Obviously, some of those Windows 7 updates might have been unnecessary and unuseful.

I hope this will help those who are having problems to install the printer. Good luck!

HP Recommended

Hi, I was also facing same problem. After completion of 99 % installation, a error message was appear on screen like "An installation operation took too long to execute.....I was got frustrated too much because hp service center also not able to solve my problem. But finally I find a very simple and successful solution. I create a new user and install the printer with hp LaserJet pro M1530 MFP CD and it work very nicely .From this method you can successfully override from this frustrating problem and your printer start to work very fine.

Have a nice day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.