Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hello,  I have not responded for some time. For some printer related reason that now escapes me now, I needed to install W7.  Having had an absolute guts full I took it to a tech that actually knew what he was about. W7 installed perfect. My brain adjustment not so good. But still not all was well with the printer 99% prob. Long story short and several visits later, when all was working well in the workshop but not at home the final subject raised was the USB lead plug and port. Can't remember now but rather than use the tower rear, or any other port, to connect the printer I was directed to plug it in to the back of the modem. This it seemed, fixed all problems. Some thing to do with powered USB?

I am not a computer user per se, rather a dumpster (google) diver, mail recipient, frustrated owner and occasional operator.

HP Recommended

I am trying to follow your steps to see if I can install my 1563MFP drivers, where I have the same problem earlier stated.  But I don't get a place to elect view and show hidden divices.  Any suggestions as to how to get by this part?

HP Recommended

Hello kennyperk.

I understand your concerns with your LaserJet 1563. Unfortunately, I need to direct you to our HP Enterprise Business Community Forums. This will be the right section to troubleshoot this issue.

Good Luck.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I tried to install the drivers from the disk a second time, and, Suprise - it worked, so I am now operational (After three weeks of attempts and finally getting a  new replacement laserjet and installation disks.

HP Recommended

Kenny... I know that you have gotten this installed now so this is for anybody else that happens to find this.  Under Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices, if you don't see this it's likely because you do not have administrator permissions to view the Hidden Devices.  Without testing it from an non-admin account I cannot verify this.

Greek_Geek.  Thanks for posting the fix - really saved me a lot of time, don't think I would have ever looked their as I've never had to do anything like that for HP printer software (I've seen countless issues with other HP printer software, but not this specifically.

Again - reposting the fix\workaround for this issue.

During the install process when the system detects and installs the printer I noticed that it installed the HP Universal Driver.
At this point I left the 1536dnf install process running
opened device manager
clicked view and show hidden devices
expanded printers
Right click on the HP universal driver
clicked update driver
clicked no not at this time
Install printer from list
clicked dont search I will choose driver
Selected the HP LAserJet M1530 MFP PCL6 driver

And HP techs... take notes, this is how it's done.  The generic replies and links to unrelated fixes without fully understanding the problem are not helpful AT ALL!

HP Recommended

Hi all

Is there a Windows 10 solution to this problem. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to WIndows 10 and I am getting the same problem when trying to reinstall the drivers.

HP Recommended

Hello. My HP LaserJet 1536dnf MFP will not reinstall. I uninstalled the the software because I kept getting a toolbox error everytime I started my pc. I have the disc that I originally installed it with but for some reason my computer doesn't recognize the driver. I tried to install it on another computer by using the disc and it worked no problem. I can't figure out why the driver isn't being recognized by my pc. I've tried everything short of uninstalling and reinstalling windows (which I don't want to do).  My pc is windows 7 Service pack 1 64 bit. I can't locate the driver on the disc or the pc although it looks like the software did install. I have been to the website and tried all of the drivers listed and the advice that's been given over and over as well as tring the disc over and over.  It's been a couple of weeks now and I still have the same problem. Please help.

HP Recommended

I hope there is still someone out there at this thread...

I am having the same problem. I tried to use the fix posted by Greek_Geek, but when I reach the 'clicked update driver' part I do not have the option 'no not at this time'. Instead I am prompted to choose wheter to look for a driver in my pc or on the web.

Can anyone offer a hand?

I have tried several other things and things actually got worse! Before I could at least print from my pc, but now not even that is working anymore.

HP Recommended

Never mind my last post.

Here's what I did:

when prompted to update the driver in device manager, I chose to look for the driver in my computer. Then one of the options was to choose the driver from a list, which I chose. There I found the driver of my printer (hp 1536) and clicked on it. Miraculously it solved the problem (installation did not stall at 99%, but completed normally).

Thanks, since the fix essentially solved my problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.