02-06-2011 03:22 AM
I have been trying to solve a dilema for 2 days and I could really use some help.When I am ready to scan a photo..the reply that comes back is: There is no paper in the paper tray..I have done everything I can think of from loading only one sheet to adding about 30 to 40 sheets. It has asked me at times to lift or lower the tray but, I can't find how to do that. I could really use your help. I thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
02-06-2011 07:46 AM
Try loading 4x6 photo paper in the small tray. Or maybe there's something in your print preferences that makes the printer think it should be looking for photo paper (if you're trying to print on regular paper). I'd check the Preferences first.
02-06-2011 09:56 AM
02-11-2011 11:01 AM
I got the same message when I tried to print an e-mail. I did 2 things--one or both fixed the problem. I opened the print carriage door and watched the cartridges move to the center and then closed the door. The other thing I did was to reposition the USB to the back of my computer to the printer slot . It started printing immediately but I got a terrific paper jam that I had to clear, but now it works great.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation