Question

Student
patsyno1
Message 1 of 5 (3,282 Views)

loading the paper tray on HP photosmart C4780..all in one printer

I have been trying to solve a dilema for 2 days and I could really use some help.When I am ready to scan a photo..the reply that comes back is:  There is no paper in the paper tray..I have done everything I can think of from loading only one sheet to adding about 30 to 40 sheets. It has asked me at times to lift or lower the tray but, I can't find how to do that. I could really use your help. I thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Tutor
Wolfshadow
Message 2 of 5 (3,217 Views)

Re: loading the paper tray on HP photosmart C4780..all in one printer

Try loading 4x6 photo paper in the small tray.  Or maybe there's something in your print preferences that makes the printer think it should be looking for photo paper (if you're trying to print on regular paper).  I'd check the Preferences first.

Intern
360Solvers
Message 3 of 5 (3,209 Views)

Could you please elaborate on the steps that you are following to scan the photo and also if you have made any change in any of the settings lately?
Posted from Facebook
Student
flamenco
Message 4 of 5 (3,176 Views)

I got the same message when I tried to print an e-mail.  I did 2 things--one or both fixed the problem. I opened the print carriage door and watched  the cartridges move to the center and then closed the door. The other thing I did was to reposition the USB to the back of my computer to the printer slot .  It started printing immediately but I got a terrific paper jam that I had to clear, but now it works great. 

Student
lynne11
Message 5 of 5 (1,524 Views)

where does the paper go for printing

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation