Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Support, This really an odd experience... We are a reseller here in the Philppines we got this Color Lasrjet Pro MFP  M177fw on march and after 2 weeks IONTECH YOUR LOCAL DISTRIBUTOR HERE FOUND IT DEFFECTIVE and after 1 month of waiting they returned it again.. and now we are burn testing it after one print out after another this message keeps popping on the Screen panel of the printer and it says PRINTING COOL DOWN MODE.. after page 1 of printing it always appears after 2nd page it pop up again... how can we return this printer on our customer if its alwats like this theyve encounter this when they bought it on march and the replacement printer is like the 1st printer how can they be satisfied with this printer... how u can provide some reliable answer on how to stop this PRINTING COOL down MODE.... 

64 REPLIES 64
HP Recommended

Hi @JAquino ,

I have sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-to-check-your-messages/t...

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Today, 5 May 2014, I just installed my newly purchased HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M177fw printer. As soon as I start to print, I am getting this "Cool-Down mode". This messege continue to appear everytime after one page is printed.

How do I resolve this problem or what should I do?

HP Recommended

the hp authorized reseller in our country sucks big time... this printer is overheating? what the hell do we need to buy an aircon and focus it on this printer? i personally recommend not to buy this if your not in a well ventilated place dont ever buy this printer! emailed us that the printer is working just fine? and is it working as designed? no need to troubleshoot or replace this printer? really HP really! why the hell did u release a printer that need to be cool all the time? turn off for 180 minutes? your gonna delay our production for 3 hours... nice printer if i can throw it on your front office i'll do it!

HP Recommended

I'm also having this problem.  Took me over 7 hours to print 159 pages...have you found a solution?

HP Recommended

can i get the solution as wel i just bought the printer and have got the same problem of the cool-down mode

HP Recommended

Hello,

I see by the  posts that the printer keeps going into a Cool-Down mode. I can help you with this.

I have provided a document with Resolving Control Panel Messages.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector) This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Update the printer's firmware. HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw Drivers.

Where is the printer located? (enclosed shelf, desk)

How many pages are you printing when you get this message?

What is the paper's weight and what kind of paper are you using?

Let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
My printer is connected to the wall outlet directly.
I also dont see any firmware updates for the printer on the link provide.
I am just printing nornal word documents of 15 pages .
Where after iqt enters cool down mode for 5 min then print one page then again cool down mode for 5 min and so on
HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information Ankushpiundoria.

I would like to gather some more information, so I may look into this further.

I checked online and there are firmware updates available for Windows, are you using a Mac?

Where is the printer located? (cabinet, on a desk)

Print out a configuration page to get the printer's firmware version. Printing a Configuration Report.

The newest one is Version 20140921.

Are you using Genuine HP Toners?

What are the ink levels?

Please let me know, so I can get back to you.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Dear George or Gemini02

Please send me the instructions so that I can bypass the cooling down mode. My printer is on a stand alone table, very well ventilated. I dont want to have to return the product.  It took my 12 hours to print a 200 page document!

Thank you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.