Question

Top Student
GW-UK
Message 1 of 5 (122 Views)
Accepted Solution

missing characters

I have a home network working through ethernet and a router.

My company laptop is connected to it via etherenet and onwards to my home desktop which has the printer (Photosmart 7520) attached to it via usb. My home laptop prints via wifi.

I use outlook 2010 on both and generally print 2 sided.

When I print a mail from my home pc all ok. Same when I print the same thing via wifi from the home laptop. When I do so from the company laptop (the same mail) it drops all consecutive occurrances of the characters "ti" and leaves the appropriate lenght of blank.

Has anyone any ideas? Frustrated of the UK here.

PhD Student
dansdaduk
Message 2 of 5 (107 Views)

Re: missing characters

Don't know the answer, just have a (very) vague recollection that there was some problem with using Calibri font which resulted in the symptoms you are experiencing, and that there is a Microsoft Knowledge Base article about this.

I think (but I'm not sure) that it was something to do with Windows XP not supporting some change which was made in a later version of Windows.

PhD Student
dansdaduk
Message 3 of 5 (103 Views)
Top Student
GW-UK
Message 4 of 5 (95 Views)

That's the solution. The company laptop (due to be replaced next week) is XP and my own pc's are windows 7.

Thanks a lot.

Top Student
GW-UK
Message 5 of 5 (92 Views)

I also use Calibri a lot
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation