Question

shd Student
Student
shd
Message 1 of 11 (3,835 Views)

my HP psc 1350 all-in-one thinks there is a paper jam, but there is no paper jam

after disconnecting from computer & power test page prints.  A scan prints.  But a document will not.  I can't get rid of the paper jam notaion.  There is no paper jam

Honor Student
nipun_mehta06
Message 2 of 11 (3,755 Views)

Re: my HP psc 1350 all-in-one thinks there is a paper jam, but there is no paper jam

Hi,

I am having the same issue with HP psc 1350 all in one  - the printer thinks there is a jam andhence it does not print any document from my desktop or laptop but I can print the status report within the printer and I can also photocopy and scan but I can print any documents....all the documents just appear as waiting in the queue and when I double click on the printer's icon it shows printer error - paper jam - I have opened the rare of the printer and there is no jam, also cant see any jam from the front.....please help as I cant print any of my documents....

Cheers,

Nips

Intern
waqarazm
Message 3 of 11 (3,753 Views)

Re: my HP psc 1350 all-in-one thinks there is a paper jam, but there is no paper jam

Hi

is this what u are saying, " your printer is working fine while you are disconnecting it from your PC or Laptop.

if it is... try to re install the driver and change the USB cable if you have done these things then check out the Divice manager in universal serial bus controller option you will see USB printing support if it appears than your usb cable is ok and there is no any problem from your Printer it is the only issue from your computer. and if usb printing support is not showing than it is the foult from your printer formater card in usb slot or comming from the Programing chip replace the formating card and your problem will be Fix hope it helps you :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
nipun_mehta06
Message 4 of 11 (3,751 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I had already checked the USB cable in the device manger and it does show USB printing support so I know that the cable is not the issue. May be I was not clear of my problem first time so I will give it another go......

Printer connected to my Laptop

All lights on printer are fine 

I can photo copy and scan any documents I like

When I try to send a document to print the document appears in the queue and it does not go any further

From the windows devices and printers option ---- the printer icon for HP psc 1350 has got a yellow triangle with an exclamamtion mark on it -------double click on that icon and it shows printer: paper jam

I have checked all the rollers and print cartridges and even checked the ink but everything seems to be fine just cant understand why does it say paper jam.....Please help

Cheers,

Nipun

Teacher
Mugu
Message 5 of 11 (3,743 Views)

HI

This issue seems like a driver problem , Please try the below steps

Uninstall the printer

Perform a disk cleanup on the computer

and then follow the below steps to completely remove the print drivers

You can use this backup of the reistry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86
registry key to restore the key if you experience any issues after you complete this procedure.

Delete all the subkeys other than the subkeys that are listed in step 2. To do this, right-click each subkey that is not displayed on the list, and then click Delete. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the deletion.
Second, remove registry entries for the default print monitors

<script type="text/javascript"></script> Remove the potentially problematic print monitor subkeys that may be interfering with the printer that you want to use. These may have been installed by third-party printer setup programs. Follow these steps to keep the print monitors and registry entries that were included with Windows and to remove all other print monitors and registry entries that may be causing issues.

Start Registry Editor if it is not already open. To do this, click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
Locate and then expand the following registry key to view the list of subkeys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors
In the list of subkeys, there should only be the following subkeys for the default print monitors:
BJ Language Monitor
Local Port
PJL Language Monitor
Standard TCP/IP Port
USB Monitor
If there are any subkeys other than the subkeys that are listed in step 2, follow these steps:
On the File menu, click Export.
In the File Name box, type the name that you want to use for this key, such as Monitorsx86regkey, and then click Save.
You can use this backup of the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors
registry key to restore the key if you experience any issues after you complete this procedure.
Delete all the subkeys other than the subkeys that are listed in step 2. To do this, right-click each subkey that is not displayed on the list, and then click Delete. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the deletion.
Exit Registry Editor.
If a printer is attached to the computer, disconnect the printer cable from the computer, and then restart the computer.
Once you are done with the above steps , restart the computer and reinstall the printer.

Please get abck if the issue perists.

Regards

Mugu

---- If my answer was helpful please click the "Kudos" star.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Though I work for HP the post are of my own

Honor Student
nipun_mehta06
Message 6 of 11 (3,738 Views)

Hi,

Can you please confirm that which folder and which file do I select to delete before reinstalling the drivers again. I have gone through my C drive for few times now to search for the files you have mentioned below but not sure what is the correct driver file(I am using windows 7)...Please confirm 

Cheers,

Nipun

Intern
waqarazm
Message 7 of 11 (3,727 Views)

Hi,

If you are using windows 7 then you have to upgrade you printer windows 7 does not support hp psc 1350

Intern
waqarazm
Message 8 of 11 (3,727 Views)

it could be happen by the different method it is risky but it mostly works

Teacher
Mugu
Message 9 of 11 (3,721 Views)

Hi

You dont have to delete any files under C driver.

Go to Programs and Features>> Look for any HP printer driver and uninstall it

Then follow the steps provided on the Previous post.

For reinstalling, you just have to connect the printer with a USB and then the OS will look for inOS drivers and install it for you.

If you have any difficulty, please let us know at wat step you have the difficulty.

Regards

Mugu

---- If my answer was helpful please click the "Kudos" star.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Though I work for HP the post are of my own

Student
findmeinoz
Message 10 of 11 (3,615 Views)

Was able to remove offending photo paper which caused original jam - however printer still displays

PAPER JAM  (two documents in queue).  How do I resolve this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation