Question

Honor Student
pwitte22
Message 1 of 5 (4,070 Views)

my Photosmart c4400 All-in-one won't print in black

Hello,

I just inherited an hp photosmart c4400 All-in-one, so it's not brand new. I set it up and installed the software, found the sample photo paper that it came with and printed a couple test photos. They came out great. Then I tried to print a word document and the page came out blank. I tried printing a webpage; it printed everything color on the page quite nicely, but none of the black text. The HP solution center tells me that both color and black ink levels are quite high; the cartridges are both properly installed, and both feel heavy and full. I also tried color and black-and-white copying functions, with same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Honor Student
ClydeSF
Message 2 of 5 (3,921 Views)

Re: my Photosmart c4400 All-in-one won't print in black

Did you resolve this problem?  I'm having exactly the same issue.

Thanks.

Honor Student
pwitte22
Message 3 of 5 (3,935 Views)

I ran the "clean printer" function a few times, and kept trying, and eventually I succeeded in photocopying a black and white page. After that, normal printing in black worked fine. I'm still not clear on the hows and whys of this problem or its correction--sorry I can't be more helpful!
Honor Student
ClydeSF
Message 4 of 5 (3,901 Views)

Your solution appears to have worked for me as well. Thanks much!
Student
zs100727
Message 5 of 5 (3,883 Views)

i am having the exact same problem. how many times did you have to clean/print before it started working?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation