04-29-2011 02:18 PM
The following message appears when I try to open the toolbox;
HP ToolboxFX has encountered an error and can not recover
Please re-start HP ToolboxFX, or re-start your PC. You will not be able to receive alert messages, or use other HP ToolboxFX features until HP ToolboxFX has been restarted.
Windows Version: Win32NT – 5.1.2600.196608
HP ToolboxFX version: 004.009.00140
I have a HP Laserjet M1522 MFP Series PCL 6, it was working good till yesterday. It keeps on shutting off by itself. Any suggestions?
05-04-2011 04:07 AM
Since no one seems to know a solution to this problem, I will let you know how I did repair this problem. I worked restless to get to the bottom of this for a while, so I decided to try the CD that came with the printer. This is the result.
Repair Printer’s Toolbox
1) Insert CD that came with the printer.
2) Go to My Computer.
3) Right Click and press OPEN.
4) Go to the SETUP folder and double click.
5) Go to the “hppTLBXFXM1522” folder and double click.
6) Right click the “hppTLBXFXM1522.msi” file and select either “repair” or “install’, see which works best for you.
I hope whoever has this problem will enjoy this solution, good luck to everyone.
08-31-2011 11:42 AM
I am trying what you have said worked for you. Except, mine is a M2727nf. So far, I have attempted to repair, then tried installing. Neither has worked yet. I am going to uninstall then attempt another installation. Will update when I find out if works.
Just wanted to say thanks for posting what you found to work. It definitely gave me a starting point.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)