my printer's Toolbox is not working. (1225 Views)
Honor Student
Taty
Message 1 of 3 (1,225 Views)

my printer's Toolbox is not working.

The following message appears when I try to open the toolbox;

HP ToolboxFX has encountered an error and can not recover

Please re-start HP ToolboxFX, or re-start your PC. You will not be able to receive alert messages, or use other HP ToolboxFX features until HP ToolboxFX has been restarted.

Windows Version: Win32NT – 5.1.2600.196608

HP ToolboxFX version: 004.009.00140

I have a HP Laserjet M1522 MFP Series PCL 6, it was working good till yesterday. It keeps on shutting off by itself. Any suggestions?

Taty

Honor Student
Taty
Message 2 of 3 (1,185 Views)

Re: my printer's Toolbox is not working.

Hello everyone,

Since no one seems to know a solution to this problem, I will let you know how I did repair this problem. I worked restless to get to the bottom of this for a while, so I decided to try the CD that came with the printer. This is the result.

Repair Printer’s Toolbox

1) Insert CD that came with the printer.

2) Go to My Computer.

3) Right Click and press OPEN.

4) Go to the SETUP folder and double click.

5) Go to the “hppTLBXFXM1522” folder and double click.

6) Right click the “hppTLBXFXM1522.msi” file and select either “repair” or “install’, see which works best for you.

I hope whoever has this problem will enjoy this solution, good luck to everyone.

Tatty

Top Student
HP_M2727_NO_FAX
Message 3 of 3 (1,075 Views)

Re: my printer's Toolbox is not working.

Hey Tatty,

I am trying what you have said worked for you. Except, mine is a M2727nf. So far, I have attempted to repair, then tried installing. Neither has worked yet. I am going to uninstall then attempt another installation. Will update when I find out if works.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting what you found to work. It definitely gave me a starting point.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation