new modem and now it wireless printer wont print (2222 Views)
Student
rannclann
Message 1 of 3 (2,222 Views)

new modem and now it wireless printer wont print

I have Windows 7 on my hp laptop...and a wireless hp printer f4500.  Worked fine until recently we got a new modem when we changed internet providers.  Computer still shows my printer with a green checkmark next to it, as if it is connected and working fine...printer is on and wireless button is flashing blue (unlike staying lit blue like it used to when it worked).  When we try to print it shows the printer, tries to print then says ERROR! i try to right click on the print job but the connect button is grayed out so i cannot select it..  

Intern
Intern
J_T
Message 2 of 3 (2,168 Views)

Re: new modem and now it wireless printer wont print

Hi!

Is your model of the printer Deskjet? Since you got a new modem and Internet Service Provider, the printer needs to reconfigure to the network. Just install the CD the way you installed it before.

Student
Message 3 of 3 (1,424 Views)

Re: new modem and now it wireless printer wont print

Charter installed new modem yesterday, laptop is connected, printer says it is connected, but when I try to print, document ends up in queue and it says error.  I have connected and discounted printer, modem, and laptop about 20 times and nothing is working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation