Question

Honor Student
Tal_Akaan
Message 1 of 6 (2,849 Views)

not a valid win 32 application.

I am trying to install the drivers for my HP Photosmart C8180 All-in-One printer by downloading the software from the hp website. I have vista ultimate 64 bit, but when i click the setup file to start the instal i get a message telling me it's not a valid win 32 application.

anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thank You

Intern
raven_3r
Message 2 of 6 (2,840 Views)

Re: not a valid win 32 application.

maybe the file that you downloaded is not compatible with windows Vista OS. Try to download this link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-52268-4&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&... and install it.

regards... --- 1234 ----

Honor Student
Tal_Akaan
Message 3 of 6 (2,826 Views)

No that is the one I downloaded. i actually downloaded it twice, and got the same thing both times.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Intern
raven_3r
Message 4 of 6 (2,808 Views)

Try to follow this steps:
Solution four: Copy the contents of the product software CD to the hard drive and install the software
Step one: Delete all the temporary files on the computer
  1. Click the Windows icon
  2. In the Start Search box, type temp , and then press Enter to open the temp folder.
      NOTE: If the User Account Control window appears, click Continue .
  3. In the temp folder, click Organize .
  4. Click Select All .
  5. With the files selected, click Organize , and then click Delete to delete all of the files in the temp folder.
  6. Close the temp folder.
Step two: Create a new folder on the hard drive and copy the installation files to that folder
  1. Click the Windows icon  and then click Computer .
  2. Double-click C:\ , where C is the letter of the hard drive where the files will be copied.
  3. Create a new folder on the hard drive by right-clicking the empty pane in C:\, selecting New , and then clicking Folder .
  4. Right-click the new folder, and then click Rename .
  5. Type hpdisk to name the folder, and then press Enter .
Step three: Copy the installation files to the hard drive
  1. Insert the product software CD into the CD or DVD drive.
  2. Right-click the Windows icon and then click Explore . Windows Explorer opens.
  3. On the left side of the window, click the CD or DVD drive letter. The contents of the drive appear on the right side of the window.
  4. Click Organize and then click Select All .
  5. With the files selected, click Organize , and then click Copy .
  6. Exit Windows Explorer.
  7. Double-click the hpdisk folder created in Step two to open it.
  8. Click Organize and then click Paste to paste the installation files in the hpdisk folder.
      NOTE: If the error message ' Cannot copy from source disk or drive ' or ' Cannot copy specified file ' displays and other CDs work correctly in the CD or DVD drive, the HP printer software CD is probably defective. Go to Solution five: Order a replacement printer software CD.
Step four: Install the software from the hard drive
  1. Click the Windows icon
  2. In the Start Search box, type C:\hpdisk\setup.exe (where C is the letter of the hard drive where the files were copied), and then press Enter .
  3. Double-click C:\hpdisk\setup.exe .
  4. On the User Account Control window, click Continue .
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
      NOTE: If the User Account Control window opens, click Continue .
Solution five: Order a replacement printer software CD
  1. Click here to go to the Download drivers and software page.
  2. In the for product text box, type the model number of the HP product, and then click the right arrow ( ).
  3. Under Which operating system is used with your product? or Select operating system , click Microsoft Windows Vista .
  4. Under CD-ROM order page , click the name of the product CD to order it.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the order for the CD.
Cause
This issue is usually caused by a defective printer software CD or a defective CD or DVD drive.
Top Student
lynchknot
Message 5 of 6 (2,707 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem trying to install C4599 in Vista Ultimate. I see "%1 is not a valid Win32 application". I tried the CD and tried the downloaded full and driver only software. None works. The CD installs into my XP computer so there is nothing wrong with it.

**********************edit*********************

After posting this my computer hard drive failed to start upon reboot. I removed the hard drive and replaced it - bad connection I suppose. I installed the software but it isn't complete so it won't connect through network. I have some things to try yet......

******************edit**************************

Device driver will not install no matter the source (CD or download)

Message Edited by lynchknot on 07-09-2009 01:03 PM
Message Edited by lynchknot on 07-09-2009 01:05 PM
Message Edited by lynchknot on 07-09-2009 01:09 PM
Message Edited by lynchknot on 07-09-2009 01:45 PM
Message Edited by lynchknot on 07-09-2009 01:45 PM
Tutor
vikramthebiker
Message 6 of 6 (2,689 Views)

Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK. Locate, and then click the following registry entry, where is the name of the service: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\. For example, if the service is named MyService, locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MyService key. In the right pane, double-click ImagePath. In the Value data box, add quotation marks around the complete path of the executable file for the service. For example, if the path of the MyService service is C:\Program Files\MyProgram\MyService.exe, change the entry in the Value data box for the MyService service to the following "C:\Program Files\MyProgram\MyService.exe" Click OK, and then quit Registry Editor
Let me know if it works or not.

Regards,
Vikram
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation