officejet 4632 driver (329 Views)
Honor Student
jk1225
Message 1 of 4 (329 Views)

officejet 4632 driver

I have a new officejet 4632 all in one printer. The printer is connected to my router successfully but then during setup when I select wireless setup on the computer the box that is labeled network printer installation never works and says the printer was unable to be installed over the network. I looked in the control panel when I have the usb hooked up and it tells me there is no print driver. I have installed the software with the CD and reinstalled online to be sure it is the full install version and can't figure out how to get this driver on my computer. Help please

HP
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 4 (294 Views)

Re: officejet 4632 driver

Hello jk1255,

Welcome to the Forums:smileyhappy:

I saw your post about the problem you are having installing the printer on your computer over your network. I would like to help, however I do need some more information from you.

Please respond to me with which operating system you are running on your computer and I will help out from there.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
jk1225
Message 3 of 4 (286 Views)

I have Windows 8 pro 64 bit. The printer picks up the router and says it's connected, but doesn't find the computer over the network. The printer works with a USB cable connected. Also, I should mention that when doing an update for my old printer, a different brand, several months back, I lost wireless connectivity then already and never figured out how to get it back. Then that printer broke and so I bought a new one but didn't think there would be a problem since all the drivers should install during installation. Hopefully you can help! Thanks!

HP
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 4 (279 Views)

Hi jk1225,

Thanks for the response!

As I understand, your printer will successfully connect to your network, however, when you are running the wireless installation, the computer will not detect the printer over your network.

I have researched and found a troubleshooting guide for you to try in order to help you with this issue. There are several options within the document to overcome this issue. There could be a few reasons why the computer is not detecting the printer.

I hope this helps!

Click this link and choose your OS to get started:

'Unable to find printer' Error Message Displays on the Computer During a Wireless Network Installati...

Best wishes, :smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation