09-07-2011 09:27 AM
When trying to reinstall a 6500 E709a after a bad system crash, I keep getting "Fatal Error" and "older version of HP Product Assistant cannot be removed". I have Windows XP and am using a USB connection for the 6500. I've uninstalled, rebooted and done the disk clean-up recommended by HP to try to resolve the issue but to no avail. Although the installation repeatedly failed, each time I could print with it. But when trying to scan, the 6500 says "no scan options" after the query "Select Computer".
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)