Question

Honor Student
gprager49
Message 1 of 10 (2,021 Views)

officejet 8500a error code 0060

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8500A.  I don't have a paper jam in either of the feeders. I keepo getting error code 0060 and flashing lights on the printer.  How do I fix this?

Intern
Mark_HP
Message 2 of 10 (2,018 Views)

Re: officejet 8500a error code 0060

Is it error code C00E0060 by chance?

Though I may work for HP, my opinion is my own.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
Grad Student
SammanthaR
Message 3 of 10 (2,014 Views)

What lights are flashing and what is the complete error code. We would love to help you but need some more information.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP

Sammantha, Printing Agent

I work for HP.
PhD Student
prabaa
Message 4 of 10 (1,998 Views)

Hi,
If the printer is under warranty, HP support team able to help you.

If not, you may try following steps found on web.

1. 0x61011bef is a general error that the chipset in the printer gives instead of a "carriage jam " error message.
Double check inside the printer as well to ensure that there is no bits and peices stuck insde the printer where the carriage assembly ( where the printheads sit) check to make sure that moves freely.
as well as clean the rollers on the back of the printer... silly yes but it has been know to cause an error if there is built up paper dust on them

2. Do a full reset as shown here

http://www.out-of-warranty.com/three-ways-to-reset-the-hp-officejet-pro-8500a-e-all-in-one-printers/

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the left to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

Honor Student
VadPet
Message 5 of 10 (1,563 Views)

CODE0060: how do i fix it for my HP Officejet pro 8500A A910

HP Officejet pro 8500A A910

When I just turn on the printer (without computer), Error CODE0060 on blue screen and after 2-3 seconds flashing all lights on the printer (Non responsive touchscreen blank flashing screen)
I don't have a paper jam in either of the feeders.
I so, that maybe problems with motors (Roller motor, Printhead Motor), but when connect direct with motors, they working flawlessly (but еhe printhead does not move).

HP Print and Scan Doctor does not help (show message: error with connection), but my computer detect the printer when it is connect with the USB.

The rollers on the back of the printer is clean

I did all the procedures that can be done:

1. I did a full reboot (Rebooted by removing power from the printer, but does not help. Rebooted by removing power from the wall outlet, but does not help.)

I do not know what to do...

PLEASE HELP!!!

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 6 of 10 (1,536 Views)

Hello VadPet,

I understand that you are getting an Error Code 0060 on the front panel of your OfficeJet 8500 A910. The printer is having an issue with the firmware, please take a look at the following post by Shane_R.  There is a reset that we can do on the printer which may resolve the issue. Please let me know if you would like to proceed.

I will watch for your reply.

Thanks in advance,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
VadPet
Message 7 of 10 (1,437 Views)

[ Edited ]

The problem is not solved...

I bought the printer on sale. I printed only 5 pages, and then there was this code

It is true that most terrible of HP products. I bought another (the same) printer and the exact same problem after 1 week.

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 8 of 10 (1,404 Views)

I am unsure of why you would purchase a new one? Were you not able to return it as it was brand new and had only had 5 prints? Did they not refer you to contact tech support?

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Thank you,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Student
jacks-jim
Message 9 of 10 (311 Views)

how do i fix this

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 10 of 10 (283 Views)

Hello there! Welcome to the forums @jacks-jim 

I would suggest checking out this guide and following the steps for the error code you're seeing on your Officejet 8500a.

An Alphanumeric Code (Example: '0x......' or 'C2......') Displays on the Front Panel When Printing

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you, such as a replacement or trade in. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and if you are calling outside of the US/Canada region,: click here.

Best wishes:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation