officejet v40 not faxing (86 Views)
Honor Student
HP-Owner1
Message 1 of 4 (86 Views)

officejet v40 not faxing

[ Edited ]

We have an HP Officejet v40.

It still prints and copies well after several years.

there are two problems I would like to solve

1. We cannot seem to get the fax working.

The basic elements are the

computer tower

one dsl wall jack

one telephone wall jack

the dsl router/modem

the answering machine

two telephones

There is currently no line running from the phone wall jack plug in the AiO printer to the wall jack.  In other words, one jack in the back of the AiO is empty.

There is one line running from the computer tower to the AiO printer.

There is one line running from the computer tower to the splitter.  Two lines run from this splitter to

1. the answering and

2, the telephone.

the line from the dsl router/modem runs directly to the dsl wall jack. There are no splitters involved.

the line from the telephone wall jack runs to another splitter that has only 2 sockets, so maybe it is really only an unnecessary extender.  This line also runs to a third splitter which has lines to the answering machine again and another to a second telephone in another room.

I am sure this is inefficient but this is the way it was configured by the DSL technician from the ISP provider, so I do not want to change it without knowing what I am doing.

Any help appreciated in getting our fax to work.

A second minor problem is that the telephone ring comes from the computer tower and sometimes from the telephone itself but sometimes only from the tower. 

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 2 of 4 (68 Views)

Re: officejet v40 not faxing

Hello HP-Owner1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I read your post regarding the HP Officejet v40 and the fax setup, I would like to offer a hand. I have found this HP document: Troubleshooting Fax Transmission and Reception Issues, that I hope will help you with the configuration of the fax.

This HP document: Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service will provide you a way to easily test the connection once it is setup.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
HP-Owner1
Message 3 of 4 (57 Views)

Thanks for your response.

From your reading of my description of the problem, what do you think the problem is?

And what do you think the solution is?

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 4 of 4 (41 Views)

It could be a hardware failure or just a simple connection issue. The documentation I linked in my last post should get us to a point where we can identify the issue, then we would be able to do our best to resolve it. Have you had a change to look at the support information I provided?

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation