05-20-2013 12:05 AM
I need to figure out how to print poster size using multi pages that are then taped together or this new printer goes in the garbage . All my past HP printers had this function whats the deal with this one . Its the main tool I use in my hobbies.
05-20-2013 01:58 PM
The Photosmart 5520 driver included in the software package does not have this option included. However, the printer uses PCL3 for communication and is compatible with the Deskjet 6980 driver. One can swap to this driver as an alternate driver and use the Poster printing feature.
For information on how to use an alternate driver please click here.
Hope this helps,
09-17-2013 11:31 AM
I tried loading both 6980 driver and another one but poster printing still doesn't show up. I too have the 5520 printer...help. I'm a fiber artist and really need this feature. Thanks much!
09-17-2013 02:30 PM
01-19-2014 10:28 AM
How did you get it to work? I used the 6980 driver but do not see a way to get it to poster size. Thank you.
06-12-2014 12:40 PM
OK...I did get this work last year but now I have new laptop (windows 8)...can't locate the 6980 driver...tried all the other PCL class drivers....any other suggestion??? Are all the new printers this way that we can't poster print! How frustrating...
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)