Question

Student
Tonejunkie
Message 1 of 7 (951 Views)

photosmart 5520 printer will not print poster size with multi pages need help or new software

I need to figure out how to print poster size using multi pages that are then taped together or this new printer goes in the garbage . All my past HP printers had this function whats the deal with this one . Its the main tool I use in my hobbies.

Thanks Bill

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 7 (862 Views)

Re: photosmart 5520 printer will not print poster size with multi pages need help or new software

Hey Tonejunkie,

The Photosmart 5520 driver included in the software package does not have this option included.  However, the printer uses PCL3 for communication and is compatible with the Deskjet 6980 driver.  One can swap to this driver as an alternate driver and use the Poster printing feature.

For information on how to use an alternate driver please click here.

Hope this helps,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
RobertPayne
Message 3 of 7 (768 Views)

Re: photosmart 5520 printer will not print poster size with multi pages need help or new software

I tried loading both 6980 driver and another one but poster printing still doesn't show up.  I too have the 5520 printer...help.  I'm a fiber artist and really need this feature.  Thanks much!

Honor Student
RobertPayne
Message 4 of 7 (765 Views)

WooHoo! I did get it to work!!!! Finally! Thanks!!!
Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 5 of 7 (761 Views)

Hey RobertPayne,

I am glad to hear you were able to get it to work.  I wish you the best in all your future printing needs!

Happy Printing,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Student
Izzysdad
Message 6 of 7 (517 Views)

How did you get it to work?  I used the 6980 driver but do not see a way to get it to poster size.  Thank you.

Honor Student
RobertPayne
Message 7 of 7 (279 Views)

OK...I did get this work last year but now I have new laptop (windows 8)...can't locate the 6980 driver...tried all the other PCL class drivers....any other suggestion???  Are all the new printers this way that we can't poster print!  How frustrating...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation