Question

Honor Student
evansdeem
Message 1 of 6 (296 Views)
Accepted Solution

photosmart 6520 touchscreen display unreadable

I just opened my HP Photosmart 6520 e and was unable to set it up because the touchscreen has lines running through it.  Is this usual and is there a fix for this?  I purchased this product from hp.com.

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 2 of 6 (283 Views)

Re: photosmart 6520 touchscreen display unreadable

Hi there, if the screen has lines running through it and you've literally only unboxed it you should call HP Support as you may be entitled to a replacement. There should be Support contact details in the box but if you're having trouble finding a number reply to me here with the country you are locate in and I'll try and get you a phone number.

Best.

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
evansdeem
Message 3 of 6 (277 Views)

Thank you soooo much :smileyhappy:  Can't find a customer service number anywhere in the materials sent with the printer.  I'm in the US.

I really appreciate your help.

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 4 of 6 (273 Views)

No problem, glad I can help in some small way. The number for Support in the States is 800-HP invent or 800-474-6836

Be prepared to provide the following information: Serial Number (S/N), product name, model number, and a brief description of the issue when you call.

Hope you get the issue resolved to your satisfaction.

Best.

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
evansdeem
Message 5 of 6 (247 Views)

Thank you for the information.  I called the number you provided and HP offered to repair the printer I have or to send a refurbished replacement printer.  I chose the latter.  Had to talk to a customer rep first and then another person who handles repairs/ replacements.  The call took about 20 minutes to complete but its worth it to get a working printer :smileyhappy:

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 6 of 6 (241 Views)

Glad you got sorted out in the end and apologies once again for receiving a defective printer in the first place. Remember to stop by the Forum again for answers to any printer related questions you may have.

Best.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation