Question

Honor Student
bptmcroth1564
Message 1 of 6 (900 Views)

photosmart 7520 won't install or print

I purchased a 7520 last week and I can't for the life of me install it to any computer.  I see it in the wireless address settings and I can print a test page from there, but it won't install the software.  Is there something I am missing.  I have a linksys router that I upgraded the firmware and still no luck.  My old printer was working until last Monday (4/29) and I thought it was because it was 3 years old and it just stopped now I am not so sure.  I also tried to hook it up USB but it won't work that way either.

Thanks,

Bob

Grad Student
SammanthaR
Message 2 of 6 (896 Views)

Re: photosmart 7520 won't install or print

First of all, I'm sorry to hear you are running into so many issues.

Are you trying to install from the software cd? If so, we could try it from the downloaded version.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=5199463&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

If you want more assistance, our tech support for printers is wonderful.

1800-474-6836.

We can take control of your computer with your permission and do this for you.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP

Sammantha, Printing Agent

I work for HP.
PhD Student
CaptainTJ
Message 3 of 6 (894 Views)

Hi Bob,

We have a utility that may be able to help detect the issue you are having and help you.  Try using the Print and Scan Doctor from the link below.

Print and Scan Doctor

See if this helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
bptmcroth1564
Message 4 of 6 (885 Views)

I tried both the disc and the download.  I will call HP tonight and see if they can figure it out.  Thanks for the advise.

Bob

Honor Student
bptmcroth1564
Message 5 of 6 (884 Views)

CaptainTJ wrote:

Hi Bob,

We have a utility that may be able to help detect the issue you are having and help you.  Try using the Print and Scan Doctor from the link below.

Print and Scan Doctor

See if this helps.

I tried the Print and Scan doctor but it didn't change anything.  I will call the 800 number tonight and see if we can figure this thing out.  I am pretty technically minded and this thing is winning!

Bob

Honor Student
bptmcroth1564
Message 6 of 6 (872 Views)

After 2 hours and 45 minutes with HP I am still not able to install this printer.  The person with HP claims it is my PC that it has a virus.  He took me to some bogus pc helper 360 site that wants to extort money from me.  I ran virus scan and a malware scans.  The only problems it came up with is broken files in the registries of all the times I have tried to run the software.  

I am trying to run the printer on two computers a desktop and a laptop both upgraded to Windows 8.  I have a computer that I just got back HP that had memory issues and was able to install the printer in less than 2 minutes.  I can't believe that both computers have malware in them preventing a printer from being installed.  

Is there a problem with a windows update that happened on or around April 22nd (the last day my printer previously stopped working and started this fiasco)?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation