10-10-2010 04:14 PM
when i first bought my printer, i was able to print only twice. however, one time i turned it on and it has an error that there is a print cartridge problem. i tried to take out the cartridges and stuff. but that hasnt done anything. anyone have a similar experience know how to fix it?
10-11-2010 01:03 AM
It seems simple enough, but this is one of the most effective ways of fixing printer cartridge error. Mostly, printer cartridge error occurs when the printer head is unable to identify the cartridge properly. And the basic reason behind this is that the cartridge is improperly attached.
To reattach the cartridge check the following steps :
- Turn on the lid of the printer and then remove the cartridge from the printer head.
- Check the cartridge to make sure that there are no scratches or other damaged parts that can contribute to a printer cartridge error report.
- Take note that the cartridge should not be left open for more than 30 minutes; otherwise the ink will start to dry up and the cartridge will get clogged.
01-01-2011 09:15 PM
I have been having the same problem. I have taken the ink cartridge out and put it back in several times. I have check to make sure it is not broken or dirty, the cartridge as far as I can tell looks fine. I can't find any reason as to why it is not working. Is there anything else I can do besides going out and buying a new cartridge? Is this a common problem? Does this happen with all printers or is this an HP problem?
10-17-2011 12:51 PM
i also have the same problem ,i hardly took 10 prints,maybe this is a defective model.
Can someone in HP answer the problem.I went to buy the cartridge but the vendor said that the carttridge is fine.
11-13-2012 12:16 PM
I continually have this problem with my Photosmart C4795. For a short time I was re-filling used cartridges, both B/W and Color, and eventually they quit working. I had to purchase new cartridges. I just purchased a new one last week, now the problem is occurring again. I am ready to move on from HP. Others are less expensive.
09-09-2013 05:32 PM
I have had endless problems with the c4795. Since purchasing in 2010 I estimate about 15 minutes of troubeshooting for every page I have printed. The latest problem is the cartridge error - I ran out of black ink and tried to replace and neither cartridge stays in place and I get an error message that cartridge arm can't move and to check for jams. Any suggestions folks have to remedy this issue would be appreciated. Thx
08-23-2014 04:18 AM
I have the same problem. I reinstalled cartridges, put in the new ones. None solved the problem. I am sick of all the problems I had with the hp printers (I have 3 hp printers). I am ready to leave hp products I think.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)