Question

Honor Student
Tsimtxaj
Message 1 of 4 (439 Views)
Accepted Solution

print envelope

I have a deskjet F4500 series printer that will not print an envelope.  It will print all my other jobs, but when it comes to printing the sender and the send to address on the evelope, the printer will just feed the envelope through without printing anything.  It was printing fine earlier, but when I have to unhook my notebook from the printer to take it to use somewhere else for a short while before plug it back into the printer, that's when the printer will just not print anything on the envelpe.  I have a notebook that uses Windows 7.  Also even when it was still willing to print the envelope, the aligment never seem to be right.  The sender's information will always printed at the very far lef edge that most time will miss part of the first letter of the name and address of the sender.  Right now the main concern is to be able to print on the envelope again first, then would very much like to get the aligment of the printing to work right.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 4 (416 Views)

Re: print envelope

Sounds like you're having issues printing on envelopes, tsimtxaj. Well, generally that depends entirely on the size and type of envelope you are using. Most of the HP printers currently only support the most common four or five envelopes. 

However, you can usually get more comparability with envelope printing by using an alternate driver when you want to make those specific print jobs. Here is a great post by one of my colleagues about how you can do that. I would recommend that if you cannot get the two mentioned to work, try the Deskjet 9800 driver - I usually get a lot of success from that driver. 

Let me know how this goes! 
Honor Student
Tsimtxaj
Message 3 of 4 (408 Views)

I followed the directions and after update the driver, the printer didn't even feeed the envelope like it did before.  After I reboot the computer, the first test seems to print fine.  Will have to wait to see if it will do the same as before or not, that it will only print well from time to time and not always be consistent.  Shall wait to see if the alignmen will go off to the far left again.  I'm still not too sure on why by updating the driver this way able to make the printer work, being able to print the envelope, for I have the original driver disk that came with the printer and also signed up for auto driver update.  Every now and then there would be an alert about new driver ready to be install and I always clicked to install the new driver.   Regardless of what, thank you for the information about updating the driver, for it allows me to print the envelope again, and that is what matter most :smileyhappy:  

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 4 of 4 (396 Views)

Fantastic to hear, and just so you know for some processes you might need to do the same procedure to revert it back to the original driver. Happy printing! 

If you think I am being helpful, a great way to show your thanks is by clicking the star below my user name on each post to give me kudos, a quick way of saying "thank you" on the forum. 

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation