Question

Honor Student
lolitalouise
Message 1 of 4 (418 Views)

printer assistant won't open for deskjet 1050

I have Windows 7 and a deskjet 1050 all-in-one printer.  My printer assistant won't open.  I have just uninstalled the printer and reinstalled what I found on the forum as the newest version.  It still won't open.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 4 (409 Views)

Re: printer assistant won't open for deskjet 1050

Hi,

What happens when you try opening the printer software? any specific behavior or error message?

In the meantime try following the steps below and check if that may help:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03640384&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4027465&tmp...

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
lolitalouise
Message 3 of 4 (405 Views)

absolutely nothing happens. It does not go to notepad or give me an error message. Just......nothing.
Also, when I click on the hp icon on desktop nothing happens there either.
Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 4 (396 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for clarifying.

Please try following solution one as described in the article I shared above.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, reboot your PC, try opening the HP Software again and check for any change.

Although the issue seems different I believe the same steps may help as well from my previous experience.

As well try right clicking the HP Deskjet 1050 icon, select Run as Administrator and check if you may see any difference.

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation