printer head alignment problems 8500a (989 Views)
Student
froggy108
Message 1 of 2 (989 Views)

printer head alignment problems 8500a

Hi just brought an Officejet Pro 8500A plus, but it keeps saying the "Printer head alignment has failed" even though everything is just out of the box.... I can get it to print but every time it tries to align print heads prints a sheet of pretty coloured lines and then says it has failed to align print heads.... can anybody help.... Please

Student
halljosh80
Message 2 of 2 (888 Views)

Re: printer head alignment problems 8500a

Hi Froggy. I have had the exact same problem with my 8500a. Straight away it would not align. After about my 10th attempt, I contected them via chat and after all the diagnostic testing, they thought it was the printhead. They sent me a replacement and it still does not work. Luckily I bought the 2 year extended warranty, so I might just take it back. Every time that I try to print something, it tells me that it is not aligned and asks whether or not I want to do this...I say no, and everything prints fine. I just thought I would let you know what I did.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation