Message 1 of 3 (2,042 Views)

printer says offline hp envy 5530

I have hp envy 5530 says offline all the time

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 2 of 3 (2,021 Views)

Re: printer says offline hp envy 5530

Hi lizard1211,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

Sorry to hear that your are getting the message that your printer is Off Line.  One quick step you can try is to have the printer power cable connected direct to a wall outlet and not a Power Bar/Strip.  HP printers already have a built in surge protector and if you have it connected to a bar/strip, the printer will NOT get all the power needed to function properly and it will cause errors on the printer of connectivity issues. Here is a link that explains the Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector.  If this does not resolve the issue, Please respond with which Operating System you are running and I will be happy to research the issue more in detail.
Which Windows Operating System am I running?

Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

Thank you for your time.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Student
98mercedes
Message 3 of 3 (1,478 Views)

Re: printer says offline hp envy 5530

Windows 8.1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation