Re: printer will not print word documents or documents from internet however does a test print (169 Views)
Student
chieflonglegs
Message 1 of 4 (400 Views)

printer will not print word documents or documents from internet however does a test print

My printer will not print word documents or documents from the internet.  However it does complete a test print.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled printer.  I have disabled and enbled the firewall and have run the test doctor programme, which has been unable to identify any problems.  I have a HP deskjet 3050A all in one J611 series printer.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 4 (383 Views)

Re: printer will not print word documents or documents from internet however does a test print

Sorry that you are having a problem with printing word documents and internet. 

Are you connected USB or wireless?

You can try to download an alternative driver and check to see if that works. (Shane_R) has a great post on how to do so. 

The deskjet 990c is usually the better one. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software-Drivers-e-g-Windows-8/How-to-Assign-Alterna...

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Student
songbirdwoman
Message 3 of 4 (241 Views)

Re: printer will not print word documents or documents from internet however does a test print

printer will not print from ms word but passes the test from hp print and scan doctor

Student
PrintScript
Message 4 of 4 (169 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi! Try accessing it in "administrator" mode if you are using Windows 7. Had the same problem with a different printer, though. Worked for me.

Peace!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation