printer wont connect to computer (1696 Views)
Student
flabchbuny
Message 1 of 2 (1,696 Views)

printer wont connect to computer

Ok, when I plug my plug and play printer in my computer it does not recognize it. My printer is a HP PSC 2210 all in one and I have windows XP. I have done everything hp recommends in the software issues listed on their website. I have downloaded the software, uninstalled, reinstalled, turned it off, turned it on, nothing seems to work. My brother is a pretty good at computer issues and he cant even seem to find the problem. Previously, i had my printer working with my computer just fine, then my husband opened an email from someone and got an internet virus, we called our computer guy and we did a system restore and then the computer wont recognize the printer. Also my computer recognizes the scan option and it will scan and fax, i just cant print? when the wizard comes on it searches and searches for the printer and cant find it, when I go to manually find it, the printer is not listed in the scroll box??? Please help, in order for me to print I have to save everything I do on a flash drive and ask to use my brothers laptop to hook up to my printer so I can print it, so I know the printer works.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 2 (1,691 Views)

Re: printer wont connect to computer

Does the printer show up in Control Panel > Printers?  Does it show as being Offline?  If so, right click and choose "Use printer Online".

If it is not there or is already Online, delete it with the delete key and re-add it using "Add a Printer' on the same window.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation