08-28-2012 10:59 AM
I am trying to set up the office printer (HP Officejet Pro 8600) so that it always prints in black ink. I went into the control panel and tried to set it up on my pc so that it would do this but when I print you still have change setting before every print. Any and all help will be appreciated.
08-28-2012 12:41 PM
Please read this post then provide some details. What operating system?
In Windows 7 I would click Start, Devices and Printers, right click on the Officejet Pro 8600, Printer Preferences, Advanced, Print in grayscale, Black ink only, OK, Apply, OK.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation