Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This is my second hp 6830 and both have the same printhead problem.  I also have a friend that bought the same printer.  same thing.  I replace the 1st 6830 with the same model because i had bought replacement xl ink.   

HP Recommended

Hi @geeque

I understand this is your second Officejet 6830 with the same printhead issue. I suggest you call us. HP Printers generally have a 1-year warranty and if there is an issue with your warranty states you can address that with who you speak with.  What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the calling process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

The printhead on this printer is not user replaceable.  You need to call HP Support.  (Press '0' to talk to a real person)  If the printer is within the 1 year warranty, they will replace the printer.  My printer was 5 months old when it encountered a 'problem with the printhead'.  I called Support and was given the option of a refurbished printer for free in 5-7 days or a brand new one for a small charge in one day.  I needed mine right away, so paid the charge.  Hope this helps. :generic:

HP Recommended

This is the on the printer " problem  with printhead", is there anyway i can fix this myself.  The printer does not not operate as long as this error is  on the machine.

Thanks, Regards, Anthony

HP Recommended

The product is a piece of crap. The support is unhelpful. A cheap $100 printer but  hp price gouge the hell out of you on ink. Finally the printer acts up on the last day of the warranty. I think it is scam perpetated on the consumer. I will never buy and hp again.

HP Recommended

This is extremely aggravating.  Not only buying this printer new from an HP rep in the store, now finding that this printer is rife with issues  with print head errors.  I find trying to solve this problem and even trying to communicate with Support is a tremendous hassle.

Not only are we dead in our tracks with the work we are supposed to be doing, we have spend an inordinate amount of time trying the same old things that your help pages explain. 

Bought the printer, used it fine for awhile.  We bought HP replacement ink new (all colors, with a bigger black cartridge) and it has not worked since.  And it does not recognize new color cartridges installed.

From looking at the wide world of complaints this printer is a lemon. 

We need a solution now please.

HP Recommended

If you have a printhead error with these models, don't bother troubleshooting . Contact HP as others have mentioned. HP has released two documents for these printers:

One for North America, South America, and Asia.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04839288/

One for Europe, Middle East and Africa.

http://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c04839289/

Both of these support documents say the same thing, to contact HP if you have this issue.

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended
No use contacting hp support. This printer head error message should be a simple fix unless it's a mechanical defect. If it's a mechanical defect it means it's poor workmanship and lousy quality product. That's why I'm done with hp forever. It's dishonest in my book to sell a printer for $100 and charge $70 for ink.
HP Recommended

Same problem, same printer.  HP 6830 Office Jet suddenly shows "Problem with printhead."  I called the number above and have been on the phone 25 minutes with zero help so far, just dozens of questions about me then finally he asks me to turn off/on again (done 3x already of course), and remove ink cartridges and put back (also done already). Same error message. Then he asked me to remove the printhead.  Seriously?  "How do I do that?" I ask...

The printhead is the basket that holds the ink cartridges.  It is down under a housing that appears quite complex to remove...  "Are you familiar with this model?  I ask in frustration.  Since I expressed frustration,he then says "the customer level of frustration is preventing us from assisting you."  OMG, horrible customer service.  I am back on hold for a Level 2 person.  Now 30 minutes 50 sec....... TERRIBLE!

The level 2 person said there is no fix possible for this unit once the printhead fails and promised to send me a new, better printer tomorrow that uses the same ink.  The guy who said the customer frustration is the problem should be fired.  Then the level2 guy said he would transfer me to his buddy in the Laser dept to see if we can't get my LaserJet4 printing without paper jam while I wait for the new printer.  I was transferred three times to people who had no idea who I was nor could they help me, before I was cut off and received a dial tone.  SEriously?

Sad, HP used to be a real company with quality products.

ps - I'm not a student, I manage a business....

HP Recommended

Update:  approximately 2 hours later and multiple calls, I learned that the upgraded replacement printer they promised to send me is in fact a used/refurbished printer of same model.  No!  No thank you.  I don't want this crap that has a known issue.  I don't want the responsibility now to haul TWO printers to the hazardous waste disposal site 38 miles away from my office.  I thought I bought a decent printer.  This forum shows that by the time I bought it, they knew they had a design issue... Nice...  So another half hour they get me to a supervisor who says just because some forum says a hundred people have the same problem doesn't mean anything as "anyone can post on there."  Ooooh.... inflammatory!  So I demand his supervisor, who promises a "Loyalty Dept" person who is supposed to offer me a new printer of an improved model without known design/function issues.  Hold, hold hold more questions for "documentation," hold hold hold and finally get the guy who offers me an ENVY 74##.  I look it up on their website where it's currently selling for $49.99.  Zero customer respect after what 6-7 agents?  UNBELIEVABLE detachment from their own customers.  TRULY remarkable.  So now I'm so riled I can't work anyway, so I kept complaining, and finally more holding, more documentation, and I get transfered to intelligent life on the line who asked to hear what was going on (again, sigh) but acknowledged the problem and offered a more current model.

Re-posting basically to say to anyone googling the HP Office Jet 6830: do not waste your time and money on this thing, installing it, investing in setting it up and purchasing ink for it.  Don't do it!  And anyone who has one that says Problem with Printhead, do not waste more of your time attempting repair.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.