"a newer version of this software is already installed on my computer . . . " (668 Views)
Student
mejenn
Message 1 of 2 (668 Views)

"a newer version of this software is already installed on my computer . . . "

I have an Officejet Pro L7680.  I have been attempting all day to reinstall the printer on my computer.  After trying to clear up multiple problems, instead of using my disk, I downloaded the installation software from HP just in case.  Every time the download failed, it would run the uninstall and restart the computer.  Then I would try again and again.  However, now I get the message that a newer version of the software is already installed on my computer and just to plug in my printer and the computer will find it and install it.  Well, I do that and it does not find the printer.  I even restarted the computer hoping on a start up it would recognize it, but I had no luck.  I cannot find any software loaded on the computer for the printer, so I have no where to go to uninstall any newer version.  It is making me crazy now and I hope someone can steer me in the right direction.  I need this comuter for work.

Thanks you.

Student
mzahid47
Message 2 of 2 (493 Views)

Re: "a newer version of this software is already installed on my computer . . . "

I am having exactly the same problem and fully understand the utter frustration. Anyone out there with the solution please short of rebuilding the laptop. Will very much appreciate any help/guidance! Many thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation