02-24-2011 06:40 PM
I have an Officejet Pro L7680. I have been attempting all day to reinstall the printer on my computer. After trying to clear up multiple problems, instead of using my disk, I downloaded the installation software from HP just in case. Every time the download failed, it would run the uninstall and restart the computer. Then I would try again and again. However, now I get the message that a newer version of the software is already installed on my computer and just to plug in my printer and the computer will find it and install it. Well, I do that and it does not find the printer. I even restarted the computer hoping on a start up it would recognize it, but I had no luck. I cannot find any software loaded on the computer for the printer, so I have no where to go to uninstall any newer version. It is making me crazy now and I hope someone can steer me in the right direction. I need this comuter for work.
05-28-2011 05:14 PM
I am having exactly the same problem and fully understand the utter frustration. Anyone out there with the solution please short of rebuilding the laptop. Will very much appreciate any help/guidance! Many thanks!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)