Question

Intern
Jim1
Message 1 of 4 (1,027 Views)

replace cartridge error

ALL-IN-One J6400 series printer giving message cartridge error, replace cartridge on left side. This would be the tri-color cartridge. Replafed cartridge and still get error and can't use printer in copy mode either to copy black only documents. The replacement cartridge is about 6/7 months old, not use before. Fresh out of the box, so I doubt it's the replacement cartridge, though I don't have a lot of experience with the color system. Appreciate all the aid. Regards, Jim S PS: I posted this twice, checking the email me when someone replies .  I did not do this the first time.

Grad Student
tinuwangiro
Message 2 of 4 (1,021 Views)

Re: replace cartridge error

call hp tech support

(i may represent HP but this advice is solely my own)
Intern
Jim1
Message 3 of 4 (1,017 Views)

Thanks for the respponse. Will get on it first thing in a.m. Expecting another 15/20" of snow, on top of 25/30 already on ground so will have time to talk to tech. Browsing the net, I see similar problems, and they're not good though they do commend HP for good service. Machine is only  a few months old. j

Intern
Jim1
Message 4 of 4 (994 Views)

Just finished, after almost two hours with tech. Did everything but jump rope. Conclusion: You have a hardware problem! You're out of warranty by 7 days. We'll upgrade you for ?????, quoted three models, all expensive. Said he would discuss further with superior and get back. Hopeful, skittish, a bit ticked since I recommend HP products wherever, whenever possible, and am a certified tech. Word among the net techs is that this model and several others, issuing the same error message have a "system" problem and that HP has sent such customers replacements, regardless of warranty status to the complaining customers. This was a great printer, looks like new in fact, but just doen;'t come around under any circumstances. Never abused, looks like brand new (it is really), and has an apparent system fault which I'm expected to pay for. I hope to hear back, but meantime have started the long process of scanning the net for a replacement, if it should come to that. Shame! I had a lot of confidence in HP and its customer support abilities. Hope I'm not disappointed. The online tech was patient, although we went through everyt;hing I did prior to calling. Geez! I hate the thought of having to buy a new system in these hard, econoomic times, though I just have to have the printer in connection with business. So, I'm going to continue to have faith, no matter what, but I'm certainly going to be careful about HP printers and customer service from now on out. Regards, j

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation