Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (167 Views)

self-test page

Regarding HPDeskjet 3320:

The HP Page "Installing the Printer with an Elternate Driver in Windows 7 for a USB Cable Connection" -- -- worked great, except for the section "How do I check ink levels with an alternate driver?"

It says "You can still check ink levels with an alternate driver. To do so, print a self-test page from your HP product, and the ink levels will display on the printer page."

How do I print a self-test page that shows ink levels? All I can figure out from the alternate driver 3600 properties is how to print a Windows Printer Test Page, which does not show ink levels. I can't find anything in the 3320 user manual that tells how to print a self-test page. 

Regents Professor
Message 2 of 3 (148 Views)

Re: self-test page

Due to the age of this printer I was able to find any listings in the documents/UserGuides for this model that covered printing a Self Test Page, either.  I was able to find a listing for printing a Print Quality Report, but this page doesn't show ink levels.

There is a list of available single function button commands.  These are mainly used in the Officejet single function line, but may be able to be used in this case.

Let me know if this is able to get you the page you need,

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (136 Views)

Re: self-test page

Thanks muchly for your suggestions. Unfortunately in this case the single function button command does not work. HPDeskjet 3320 has a power button, but no other buttons. So I can't press the X or cancel button. It was a good try however.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation