05-16-2013 03:30 PM
Regarding HPDeskjet 3320:
The HP Page "Installing the Printer with an Elternate Driver in Windows 7 for a USB Cable Connection" --
It says "You can still check ink levels with an alternate driver. To do so, print a self-test page from your HP product, and the ink levels will display on the printer page."
How do I print a self-test page that shows ink levels? All I can figure out from the alternate driver 3600 properties is how to print a Windows Printer Test Page, which does not show ink levels. I can't find anything in the 3320 user manual that tells how to print a self-test page.
05-17-2013 01:58 PM
Due to the age of this printer I was able to find any listings in the documents/UserGuides for this model that covered printing a Self Test Page, either. I was able to find a listing for printing a Print Quality Report, but this page doesn't show ink levels.
There is a list of available single function button commands. These are mainly used in the Officejet single function line, but may be able to be used in this case.
Let me know if this is able to get you the page you need,
05-18-2013 09:39 PM
Thanks muchly for your suggestions. Unfortunately in this case the single function button command does not work. HPDeskjet 3320 has a power button, but no other buttons. So I can't press the X or cancel button. It was a good try however.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)