Question

Honor Student
denismoreen
Message 1 of 3 (104 Views)

self-test page

Regarding HPDeskjet 3320:

The HP Page "Installing the Printer with an Elternate Driver in Windows 7 for a USB Cable Connection" --

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01796821&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=75035&lang=... -- worked great, except for the section "How do I check ink levels with an alternate driver?"

It says "You can still check ink levels with an alternate driver. To do so, print a self-test page from your HP product, and the ink levels will display on the printer page."

How do I print a self-test page that shows ink levels? All I can figure out from the alternate driver 3600 properties is how to print a Windows Printer Test Page, which does not show ink levels. I can't find anything in the 3320 user manual that tells how to print a self-test page. 

Thanks!

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 3 (85 Views)

Re: self-test page

Hey,

Due to the age of this printer I was able to find any listings in the documents/UserGuides for this model that covered printing a Self Test Page, either.  I was able to find a listing for printing a Print Quality Report, but this page doesn't show ink levels.

There is a list of available single function button commands.  These are mainly used in the Officejet single function line, but may be able to be used in this case.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/Officejet-Single-Function-Button-C...

Let me know if this is able to get you the page you need,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
denismoreen
Message 3 of 3 (73 Views)

Re: self-test page

jason_h-

Thanks muchly for your suggestions. Unfortunately in this case the single function button command does not work. HPDeskjet 3320 has a power button, but no other buttons. So I can't press the X or cancel button. It was a good try however.

-Denis

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation