Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dan,

I would be more encouraged by your support experience if she understood the issue.  Clearly from the steps she took, she did not.  Scan to folder via SMB is not related to the HP software on your computer.  So I think she did not understand that the printer itself needs a firmware update to be able to successfully negotiate with SMB3 protocols now used in Yosemite.  Since she had you install items related to Mavericks (10.9) she clearly was clueless.

Hopefully an engineer with HP that owns this printer also uses Yosemite 10.10 and enjoys the scan to folder functionality.  Otherwise this will never get fixed.  I have lost so much faith in HP over the years that I think this is a death spiral.

HP Recommended

Please add me also - This should be a very easy fix for HP

HP Recommended

Running into the same issues. This should be a very easy fix for HP

HP Recommended

Add me to the list of frustrated users too. Looking forward to resolution from HP.

HP Recommended

+1 more for updates to this issue.    

HP Recommended

I've attempted everyones suggestions and while running under Mavericks I never had to add the following afp or smb - so the suggestion to NOT add this was redicoulous.

HP needs to update their firmeware the newest software on their website only supplies a driver for Mavericks and NOT Yosemite even though it states it will work with Yosemite.

Question is when will HP finally address this issue or do I need to by an Epson Printer that actually supports Yosemite.

HP Recommended

The internet fury begins!  

You are correct that HP does need to analyze why this feature does not work with Yosemite (clearly SMB3 is at issue), but I would add that the previous posters who suggested something different were just brainstorming or offering what they knew to work with their specific model.  

I for one would happily accept a workaround in the meantime so hopefully people will continue to post their thoughts. 

HP Recommended

+1 more for this issue to be resolved.

We purchased this specific printer because of "Scan to Network Folder" functionality.

HP Recommended

Same here. Waiting for an update!

HP Recommended

Add me to to the list... nothing seems to work.... 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.