Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi GlenBanta ,

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Gemini02 - glad to see HP are monitoring this forum - we were beginning to wonder.
I see you've shared something privately with one of the people involved in this thread.
I raised the problem (and thus thread) in the first place (and have published a work around for the current situation when HP printers do not work with Yosemite).
How about sharing an update with the forum? What are HP doing re a firmware update to the printer to enable them to work with the SMB implementation on Yosemite?
HP Recommended

hedgert is asking the EXACT questions I want answered as well.  

Namely, yes, it is cool that we as users can band-aid another SMB option together on our Yosemite hosts....but the great majority of users need this to just work out of box.  (I certainly still expect mine to work this way.)  For me, calling HP support was just a fortelling of what madness must feel like.  There was no real ownership taken, or active listener who really wanted to understand and document the issue.  It felt scripted, one-sided, and sorry, but off-shored.

HP Recommended

Why would you send a private message if everone is having this isssue - The fact the HP Support SUCKS is the root cause to this issue and still NO resolution.

HP Recommended

Hello hedgert done, TonyAZ623, barrygoodman,

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you Gemini02 - MUCH Appreciated, and just knowing that HP is truely aware of the issue and deficit with Yosemite as it relates to the SMB3 scanning issue helps to know it will eventually be taken care of.  Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I really appreciate the help!

Tony

HP Recommended
Gemini02 why post your reply as a private message? Just seems like a recipe for winding everyone up. Having seen the private message - it's not exactly secret. Why not post what you've posted privately on the forum? And you've piated your secret message to 4 of us what about all of the other people who have posted on this thread that they have this problem too? Are you going to go through all 5 pages and send the same secret message to all of them?
HP Recommended

Hi Folks, I had requested the HP moderators to lock the thread as after 5 pages it was becoming less manageable.

Community members are always welcome to create a new thread. I am still willing to help those who have already posted here, but locking the thread prevents new members from jumping in and potentially getting missed in the crowd.

I have requested the thread to be re-opened. Please bear in mind, I am one person and there are many of you. I ask that you be patient while I do my best to help you.

As you may see, I have sent a few of you a private message, and some of you are now wondering "why them and not me". Basically, I have reached out to a few colleagues to have this issue addressed.

At this point rather then private messaging everybody individually, I will say now, that when I get solution to resolve the issue I will post it here for all to see.

The private messages I had already sent were simply to inform individuals that although I do not have a solution at the moment, I am checking into a resolution.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I am desperate to get this resolved.  Installing SMBup did not work for me as I run OSX Server and it's incompatible.  This is a huge issue for us.  With each release of Mac OS, HP printers become more and more buggy.  

Please help, thanks.

HP Recommended

Yes, SMBup was rather problematic for me as well.  In fact, it turned out being impossible for me to uninstall and damaged some core components of my Yosemite Server.  Soooo... I am sitting back now and waiting this one out until HP fixes the firmware to be able to scan natively to a SMB3 file share on Yosemite. 

Tony

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.