solutioncenter.msi popup at HP Solution Center startup (99678 Views)
Grad Student
pradeep
Message 11 of 118 (168,239 Views)

Re: solutioncenter.msi popup at HP Solution Center startup

It is good to know that you have resolved the issue, better make the thread as resolved so that others also can see this solution and benefit.
Honor Student
MukeshS
Message 12 of 118 (167,248 Views)

I understand that you are getting a message when the computer boots up saying 'SolutionCenter' the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. And it looks for a CD. These types of errors happen because installation of a software application has not completed or a software application is attempting to repair itself because a file is missing or a registry entry was removed.

To resolved the issue, we need to clean-up the SolutionCenter.msi entry using the Windows CleanUp utility. This will prevent the message which looks for the CD everytime when is started.

To download the Windows CleanUp utility, please use the below link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Open the webpage, and then scroll the webpage, click on "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now". Or you may click on the FTP Link as under:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

A Window with 'Run' and 'Save' button will pop.

1.Click on Save button

2.Select Desktop in the "Save In' drop down list in the Save As screen and click on the 'Save' button and go ahead to download the driver to your computer's Desktop.

3.After the file is saved to the desktop, go to the computer's desktop and double click on the downloaded file named msicuu2.exe and select RUN.

4.Follow the instructions on the installer screens to complete the installation.

After the installation is completed, follow the below steps to open Windows CleanUp utility:

1.Click Start

2.click 'All Programs' (or 'Programs')

3.Click Windows Installer Clean Up Utility. A dialog box will be displayed that contains a message, a list of installed products, and four buttons.

4.Select 'SolutionCenter' in the list and click on 'Remove' button to uninstall the entry.

5. Restart the computer to enable the steps.

I am sure that the issue will be resolved.

Student
wilderness101
Message 13 of 118 (165,535 Views)

I'm confused, What installation CD? I have the problem and I'm not smart enough to fix it. I need step by step info. Please. Thanks.
Tutor
RobH
Message 14 of 118 (162,070 Views)

MS VISTA 64 group has elevated HP Photo all-lin-one problems I sent them last week to be looked into and with HP as they acknowledge its a new OS system

Time will tell

If my printer is off, no msg, a frustration or I turned off UAC to rid myself of the tray.app/status popup windows looking for a cd

wilderness101 wrote:
I'm confused, What installation CD? I have the problem and I'm not smart enough to fix it. I need step by step info. Please. Thanks.

Student
SandyC
Message 15 of 118 (161,727 Views)

Your procedure solved my problem, MukeshS!  MANY, many, THANKS!  If I had to uninstall/reinstall that CD one more time I was going to scream! :smileywink:

Student
jinrath
Message 16 of 118 (161,587 Views)

I am having the same problem with HPProduct Assistant.  Can you use the Windowns Clean Up Utility with Office Home and Student 2007 installed?  I have not uninstalled and reinstalled the printer yet.  Is that something I should do before using the Clean Up Utility?
Top Student
camputer
Message 17 of 118 (159,957 Views)

I just started having the problem with my C4599 All-in-One.  HP Solution Center error on launch, “The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is disconnected….”   If I cancel the reinstall attempts (many times), it will scan.   The path, C:\Documents and settings\(user)\local\temp\7ZS7E70\setup\solution center\solutioncenter.msi" does not exist and forcing it to the msi file does not work.  Had a similar problem with Photo Gallery 2 years ago and used the  Windows Installer Clean Up Utility to fix it.  I am tempted to try it here.  Looking for some confirmation first.
Top Student
camputer
Message 18 of 118 (159,669 Views)

Ran the Windows Installer Cleanup utility and removed SolutionCenter as MukeshS described.  Error gone.  :smileyvery-happy:

Had to use Windows Installer Cleanup utility in the past to get rid of Photo Gallery errors.

Honor Student
vrmwolf4me
Message 19 of 118 (154,807 Views)

I am having this problem as well.  I received no discs when I purchased my computer.  I tried to search both hard drives for the solutioncenter.msi file, but could not locate it.  Can HP send me installation package for HP Solution Center or tell where on the Internet I can dowload this file.  I'm new to Vista Home Ed (the "tree directories" look VERY different and I can't seem to browse the hard drive in Windows Explore to find the C: or D:\setup\solutioncenter folder.

Help!

Intern
CouvBorn
Message 20 of 118 (154,298 Views)

vrmwolf4me,

what printer or printers do you have installed on your system?

couvborn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation