Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have the c5180 for the last 8 months (intended to replace my epson) but still i can not use it because keeps asking to enter the special key combo and when you press the "ok" the extended self diagnostic page is printed.

I can use the printer through my computer but the front control keys are frozen and I'm no able to s/w off the printer i have to un-plug the mains.

PS. I have used about 30 pages printing the diagnostic page.

How in the name of God do you reset the above printer so the test can be stopped!.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Wow, typical "HP" not to respond....

While it is a bit late, better than never, so I've heard...

The cancel button is all it takes to get mine out of that screen.

The power button also works to power it off from said screen, and upon powering it back on it does not re-enter the "enter special key combo" dialog.

So it sounds like you have a defective product possibly?

I'd recommend doing a FULL reset.

Unplug the power cord.

Hold "OK" AND "HELP" buttons.

Plug power cord in (if it does not turn on automatically, press power button (All while continuing to hold "OK" AND "HELP" buttons)

Keep holding those two buttons until screen goes black again (shouldn't take more than 1min)

Then just turn it back on.

FYI, to get to the "enter special key combo" dialog intentionally:

Hold the Left Arrow and press "setup" key.

To then enter the "Underware" menu:

Press "Left Arrow" then "OK" then "Right Arrow"

Hope this helps others in search of these things, which these days is probably not very many....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.