what is the access point (75 Views)
Student
MsLadyAnn
Message 1 of 2 (75 Views)

what is the access point

How do I find my access on my HP Officejet 4500?

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 2 (59 Views)

Re: what is the access point

MsLadyAnn,

Are you trying to set up your Printer for wireless access?  An Access Point may refer to a router, that is a box that routes a home network access - one or more notebooks, desktop computers, printers, maybe even an iphone, iPad or two...  The access for the printer would be (perhaps) its I.P. address, that is, a special number assigned to it on the home network - a unique number of its own so the computer(s) can find and use it.

IF this is what you mean...

then

Here is a helpful document for setting this up.  Click into the Common Questions Sections to get an idea of what's going on.  There is also a "glossary of terms" that may help if you are looking at a help file and it is asking you to do things that already don't make sense.

Wireless Printing Center

If this is too complicated (for whatever reason), connect the printer to the computer by a cable (hopefully one that came with it) and that should allow it to work as needed.

I don't know exactly which printer you have - but you can go to  

Enter your printers model, and then go to Manuals.  Select and you can download your printer's manual.  Some of these are very comprehensive and include setup instructions for wired and wireless setups.

There is a Software and Drivers section at your website, too!  You might be able to download and install Full Feature Software for your printer.  If you can get it, the Full Feature Software is very nice; it will include some nice features, maintenance diagnostics, and more!

I hope this helps...

It is my pleasure to assist.

Say “Thanks!” by clicking the Kudos Star to show your appreciation for the help.

Fixed?  Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to help others find the answers.

Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation