Question

Student
cwaller
Message 1 of 5 (339 Views)

when trying to install printer software, I get the error code 0x000003eb. How do I fix this?

I am having issues installing software for my printer

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (281 Views)

Re: when trying to install printer software, I get the error code 0x000003eb. How do I fix this?

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system? How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth? 

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
gorgeousLILLIAN
Message 3 of 5 (267 Views)

Re: when trying to install printer software, I get the error code 0x000003eb. How do I fix this?

PRINTER: HP OFFICEJET PRO PREMIUM A910N

WIRED on a network, other PRINTERS on a network and I can print to them.

tried installing driver on LPT1, then go printer properties & change port to STATIC IP. but no avail.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 5 (262 Views)

Is the error message from the computer installer rather than on the printer screen?

Do you have an AMD C50 processor?  If so the patch here may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Professor
Charles001
Message 5 of 5 (260 Views)

This is a Windows error code, basically WIndows failed to connect to the printer. Need more information on what printer, how are you connecting it, which OS, etc.

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation