wireless set up for 6500A (337 Views)
Honor Student
hugeblueuk
Message 1 of 3 (337 Views)

wireless set up for 6500A

I have already connected printer via USB to computer. I know I probably have to uninstall the printer and start again to connect via wireless. I cannot get the ethernet connector to work. No idea why, but it doesn't and I have gone through all the troubleshoot answers on HP website.

I assume I have 802.11 wireless capability. Do I have to have an ethernet connection to get this to work? I assume not! However, in my start up guide, section 3 to seup wireless, it tells you firstly to go to the printer menu, press on right arrow, select network. Well if I press on right arrow I get set up, and 3 other options but not network. Why not? OK, I select set up and then Network, but there is no wireless option or wireless setup wizard. Why not?

I am sure this printer has 802.11 capability so I am bemused by this!

Help

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (320 Views)

Re: wireless set up for 6500A

Hi,

The HP Officejet 6500A (E710a) model provide USB and Ethernet capabilities, while the HP Officejet 6500A Plus (E710n) provide wireless capabilities as well.

Therefore i assume your model does not provide wireless connectivity according your description.

Did you tried connecting the ethernet cable into different ports on your router with the same results?

Did you tried replacing the ethernet cable? it could be that the ethernet cable you use is faulty

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
hugeblueuk
Message 3 of 3 (313 Views)

Re: wireless set up for 6500A

Ok. no problem there. if i had ethernet connection to my wireless router I could then connect my laptop through the router to the printer without a hard connection. That would suffice!

However, I think the cable should be Ok, it came in the box! I have tried one other port on the router with trhe same answer. I could try a port currently being used successfully for a wireless booster. Maybe I will do that and then reboot the router and the printer and see what happens.

Probably not tonight though!

Thanks.

Hugeblueuk

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation