Question

Tutor
Nenya
Message 1 of 8 (2,191 Views)
Accepted Solution

work around for access denied?

While installing a driver for the HPlj2050, I get an 'Access denied' error. I tried to install the printer directly from the cd and with the Add printer option but both give the same error. Is there a work around so I can install the printer in a different directory? This printer is supposed to be the only networkprinter on this floor so it is getting urgent...

Nenya

Teacher
The_Right_Click
Message 2 of 8 (2,182 Views)

Re: work around for access denied?

Hi nenya,

I guess the installation of the printer would require Admin Rights on the computer. Have you already checked for admin rights on the comp..?

Network admins are usually known to set permissions for users to be able to install a printer only if they are admins.

Regards
Hareesh@SEC
Click on the WHITE STAR icon to say 'Thanks..!!'
I am an HP employee. When I offer advice on HP Products, I'm speaking for myself and not for HP.
Tutor
Nenya
Message 3 of 8 (2,175 Views)

Hi,

I AM the administrtor (that is why it is so frustrating ;-) I log on to the server with the admin account and that one has all the right I can imagine. I tried to install an 2 different W2003 servers (both AD) but both give the same error. When I install dthe printer on my pc there is nothing wrong. The drivers are not the  problem (I think).

Nenya

Teacher
curiousguy
Message 4 of 8 (2,168 Views)

Perhaps try to grant yourself as 'Domain admins' of the AD.
" If you find it helpful, pls click on the blue KUDOS button on the left -side of the screen as an indication "
Teacher
The_Right_Click
Message 5 of 8 (2,162 Views)

Hi Nenya,

Instead of adding a network printer, try adding a local printer. You must create a new local port that has the same name of you network share. Exemple, if you printer is shared under \mysvr\print1 you should create a localport named \mysvr\print1 and then it may work.

Hope this works..!! :smileyhappy:

Regards
Hareesh@SEC
Click on the WHITE STAR icon to say 'Thanks..!!'
I am an HP employee. When I offer advice on HP Products, I'm speaking for myself and not for HP.
Tutor
Nenya
Message 6 of 8 (2,129 Views)

Helaas...

It didn't help.

I tried the installation of a local printer; trough the URl of the printer on my pc; As a network printer; via the ADon my pc. But every time I get the same error: Printer driver setup error. Access denied.

And I have the domain admin rights.

GRRR:smileysad:

Nenya

Tutor
Nenya
Message 7 of 8 (2,069 Views)

I FOUND IT!!!

The driver supplied by HP wasn’t usable for a DC. I installed the printer with an Universal Driver and when the printer was installed, I updated the driver. And now we can use this printer as a network printer.

Nenya

Teacher
curiousguy
Message 8 of 8 (2,059 Views)

Wow, that was a hard one, but you nailed it !

Happy for you .

" If you find it helpful, pls click on the blue KUDOS button on the left -side of the screen as an indication "
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation