HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-15-2012 08:02 AM
Have fixed using the 32-bit Driver for Vista and the DOT4 (generic) port.
Notwithstanding it is simply unbelievable to learn that since 2008, early beginnings of this post, HP has not developed the proper Driver for a product that hopefully is far from being obsolete.
At last managed to find out how to download the driver for windows 7. Use the link below
Download the entire Windows Vista software package for the HP3600 (not just the driver)
2. Follow the install instructions. Once the installation has finished, go to Windows 7 Devices and Printer to install a new printer.
3. Select HP on the left, and the HP 3600 shows up on the right hand side. Follow the instructions and plug in the USB cable when prompted.
4. Use DOT4 for the printer port (LPT1 does not work) Voila!!
5. At this point we printed a test page and manual duplexing. Which was progress!
6. Then right-click on the 3600 printer, properties/ click customize setting, from the Device Settings tab change Duplex Unit to installed, then Apply. It is now duplexing automatically and everything works as expected!
08-26-2012 07:43 AM
Just wanted to say a massive thanks for your guidance re the solution to installing my 3600!
There's absolutely no reason why it should be so complicated and it concerns me that HP may simply do something like this to push up sales...I hope not!
However, the fact remains that printer is working and I didn't go out to buy a new one!
Thanks a million...RESPECT!