HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-23-2012 03:08 AM
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium
"out of paper"
The printer is out of paper. Check the paper tray and add more paper if necessary to continue printing.
I am attempting to print cover stock from Tray 1. How do I make adjustments for it to print or is there a bypass tray on this printer that i can't find.
I was told by the sale representative when I purchased this product that I would be able to print cover stock.
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-24-2012 01:15 PM
Hey vmgballer. You can use the 67lb paper in Tray 1. The maximium weight for Tray 1 is 100lb. (Source: HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Series Printer Series (N911) Product Specifications)
Try using this document to get your print back up and running: An 'Out of Paper' Message Displays and the Product Does Not Pick Up or Feed Paper Let me know how this works for you. If it does not solve the issue post any new error messages or new findings.
06-11-2012 03:52 PM
06-11-2012 05:58 PM
I have used:
HP Color Injet Paper, 24 lb
Staples 67 lb cover
HP Presentation Paper 32 lb (laser, glossy)
It will print some sheets, then it will say "load paper".
06-12-2012 09:13 AM
You should not have any issues with the papers your listed. Did you make sure to choose the correct paper type before printing? The product might not pick up paper if the paper size and type in the paper tray does not match the size and type settings in the print driver. Heres how to make sure the paper type is set:
- Return to the document that you were trying to print when the issue occurred.
- Click File , and then click Print . The Print dialog box opens.
- Select your product, and then click Properties . The Print Properties dialog box opens.
- Click the Features tab.
- From the Paper type drop-down list, select the paper type that is loaded in the product.
- From the Size drop-down list, select the paper size that is loaded in the product.
- Click OK on the Print Properties dialog box, and then click OK on the Print dialog box to print the document.
06-12-2012 03:39 PM