HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-08-2012 05:27 AM
Running the latest version of OS Lion. Have updated all HP drivers and the latest update from Apple. Scan function continues to give me errors no matter which option I try - Preview, PDF, Jpeg, Tiff. Image capture fails to find the device.
06-15-2012 02:29 PM
Hey Mitymeg. Let's uninstall with the 'scrubber option' like this:
1. Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ click on HP Uninstaller and click Continue
2. Highlight your device on the left pane
3. Hold the Ctrl, Opt and Cmd keys and click on Uninstall
4. There will be a pop up that asks if you are sure you want to uninstall ALL hp software. (At this point, if you continue, any HP printers you have installed will need to be reinstalled)
5. Click Continue and let it finish
Now, run a Software Update. This can be done by clicking the Apple in the top left of the screen then clicking Software Updates.
Next, let's reset the printing system:
Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Default tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.
Finally, download and install the software from here.
Let me know if this helps at all. If not post back with any new details and we can continue from there.
06-22-2012 09:39 AM
Could you provide me with some more infomation about your situation? Are the using the same printer and version of OS X as the user above? Does this happen in specific application(s), do you receive any error messages?
06-25-2012 06:48 AM
I need help with scanner issue for C7280 All-in-One printer. Basically, I need to find instructions on how to set up the scanner function on the printer. When I view the scan menu and ask to scan from the scanner to the computer, I receive an error message indicating there are No Scan Options. The manual has very little information on the scanner or how to troubleshoot.