HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-18-2012 06:11 PM
My Photosmart C4680 has been misbehaving and showing a lot of errors lately. The printer usually works, but the scanner hasn't worked for sometime. I get an error saying another program has control of my scanner. I am using Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine.
I ran Scan Diagnostics and it said I had a corrupt or missing scan driver, but when I asked it to remove the driver so I could start over, I got a message saying it can't find the driver and I should remove it manually. How do I do that?
04-18-2012 09:05 PM
There is an uninstaller file in the downloadable software driver package. I have linked the software driver package download page below. Follow the proceeding the steps to access the uninstaller files.
Software & Driver Downloads - HP Photosmart C4680 All-in-One Printer
1. Download the full feature driver.
2. Double click on the downloaded file and it will start to extract the files t othe temp folder
3. Cancel the software installation process by clicking exit
4. Click Start and then type %temp% on the searh bar. Press Enter
5. Open the folder that starts with a 7z with a modfiied date of today
6. Inside that folder double click on Util, then CCC. Double Click on Uninstall L3 to initiate the uninstall process. This could take around 10-15mins.
Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem