HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
11-26-2011 01:52 PM
HP P1606DN LaserJet
Printer FW: 20110826 - taken from configuration sheet output form printer
Software Rev 20110402 (22.214.171.124248) - taken from printer properties dialog box, about tab
Printing from a HP Pavillion dv6700 running Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium SP2 over the local area network.
Today, I installed a new printer (P1606DN) on my home ethernet network. I had no problems with installation. After, I installed the driver software (using HP smart install), I had a problem with duplex printing. One side of the page is upside down relative to the other (also known as head to tail). I found several hits on Google regarding this type of problem, but none of the proposed solutions have worked for me so far. I have tried the following...
- I tried changing the "Flip Pages Up" box but it did not change the print job.
- I have updated the HP software by downloading the latest install image from the HP website.
- I have updated the printer's firmware.
- I have updated the printer's HP smart install image.
- I have manually deleted the drivers from Windows through the print service dialog box.
Nothing seems to work, and I always end up with the same problem. Can anyone offer another suggestion?