HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-12-2012 04:22 PM
Here is what worked for me. I have not tested any other methods. I offer no guarentees.
You will need:
- An HP c309g All-in-One printer.
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview (x86 or x64) Client or Server.
- The HP driver package labeled "PS_AIO_06_C309g-m_USW_Full_enu_140_175.exe" ( There may be a newer one, but this is the one I'm using and it works fine.
- A tool to extract an .exe file's contents to a folder. I use 7zip. (Freeware.)
My c309g is set up on wireless with a static address of 192.168.1.254
I have "PS_AIO_06_C309g-m_USW_Full_enu_140_175.exe" in C:\TEMP
I have 7zip installed.
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to C:\TEMP
- Right-click the PS_AIO_06_C309g-m_USW_Full_enu_140_175.exe and select 7-Zip > Extract to "PS_AIO_06_C309g-m_USW_Full_enu_140_175.exe\"
- In the left-hand folder tree, select the Computer root node.
- Up in the Windows Explorer Ribbon, selexct the Computer tab and click Open Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, change the View by: to Small Icons.
- Double-click Devices and Printers.
- Click Advanced printer setup.
- Click The printer that I want isin't listed.
- Select Add a printer using a TCP/IP baddress or hostname and click Next.
- In the Hostname or IP address: field, enter the IP address of your printer. (Mine was 192.168.1.254) and click Next.
- As the Add Printer wizard is creating the printer, move the Add Printer window off to the left a bit so you can see the HP0E7055 (HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m) icon that gets created behind it in the Devices and Printers window.
- The icon will have an orange trial "!" sub-icon. When you see this icon appear click Cancel in the Add Printer window.
- Back in the Devices and Printers window, right-click the HP0E7055 icon and select Properties.
- Click the Hardware tab and click Properties.
- Click the Driver tab and click Update Driver.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Browse to and select your pre-extracted driver installer folder (mine was C:\TEMP\PS_AIO_06_C309g-m_USW_Full_enu_140_175), ensure Include subfolders is selected and click Next.
- In the list, select HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m) and click Next.
The printer is now installed and ready for use.
03-17-2012 11:44 AM
Thanks for the guide you provided. My c309g works fine now with windows 8 as a printer. But do you know how i can activate the scanner of the 309g ?
A french user