HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-19-2011 10:30 PM - last edited on 08-20-2011 07:35 AM by XYS
i have a hp photosmart c5180 all in one
i have same issue...
Ink system faílure ....
I search the net and se 1000 off pepble whit same issue and i see this sektion on hp forum ...
Where is the solution !????????????? !!!!!!!
im one step to contakt the danish [forbruger styrelse] use google translater ....This is outrade this is bad ...........
This is wired HP dont tell the custermers about this and even set a solution up here im shoked......
For my point off wiew i see alot off pepble just give up and buy a new printer and its sure not a HP one ...
I espekt that i can read how i solved this problem in 24 hours top takeing the time drifrence a head ..
Else i take leagal matters ....
i have read to the point hold help and ok while taking power off and on .now it sems like i have a HP printer there has no software on it ..
Where is HP support in this Sleeping or just dont care a simpel google on this matters is from 2009 and to now and none respons more then at link from one emplyoed here whit a link there solved nothing for the C5180 custermers ...
Best regard a VERY unhappy custermers off a HP produckt and maby the last produckt ...
Direktør Team Taxa Denmark
phone +45 7025 7024 press 1
Email [text removed for privacy]
01-14-2012 10:55 PM
HP INK SYSTEM FAILURE:
Let us perform some steps to isolate the issue and find a fix for it.
Please perform the following steps and let me know the message that will be displayed on the printer.
A. - Press and hold the “*” key.
B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys.
Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
C. - Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
Customer Name: ok
Customer Name: screen says "support" R0631M
2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.
3. Press and release the “OK” button.
4. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
5. Press and release the “OK” button.
6. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
7. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
8. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photo Smart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
11. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK. The Printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
HP: Is the error message still being displayed on the printer?
Print a self test page to check the functionality of the printer.
Press Setup menu on the All-in-One then scroll using the arrow key and select Print Report then select Self Test Report.
You may never come across this posting but Thank You,Thank you for your post. I came across it having spent hours searching and trying other approaches. I'd even picked out an Epson model as a replacement.Keeping my fingers crossed and the sequence you provided on file.